Sports Renault mother lode

All things specracer!

Chassis:
SR 311
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:36 am
TrackBrat wrote:You can come race with us in Cendiv, we have a Gen 2 series and we also allow Renaults to race at our divisionals too. There are a few in the area. It seems the midwest is a hotspot for Renaults and now because of our series Gen 2s

Ah yep I knew there was another group I saw out there. Wouldn't mind checking out Road America with you guys some time!

peterjank wrote:Give Beau Martin at Elite Autosport a call. He still has a couple of Renaults at the shop.

Will keep that in mind, thanks!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:47 pm
The remaining ad from racingjunk.com appears to have expired. If you still have any interest in the remaining car and/or parts send me a PM and I'll give you the email address I have for the owner.

Chassis:
SR 311
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:03 pm
Well, I'm happy to report that the black car and my blue one were finally on track and putting on a pretty good exhibition racing hard with each other (albeit at the back of the pack) at Waterford this past weekend! At least two cars were saved and are back racing!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:21 pm
Great to see you got them on track and had a good time!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:10 pm
I got an update on the inventory that is still available, if you're looking for parts, or complete Sports Renault.

Here's the latest:

We have one complete Spec Racer left. Several chassis' and log books. Several engines and a multitude of suspension parts and fiberglass body panels.

PM me if you want the contact info. These items are located in the Boston MA area.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:44 pm
Did I hear the word, “fiberglass” ??? ;)
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:58 am
I'll refrain from editorial comment but the last of the inventory seems to be back on racingjunk.com

https://www.racingjunk.com/road-club-ra ... rom=search

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:15 am
The ad in RacingJunk.com is gone. Finally sold or did the the owner just give up?
In any case another chapter in SR history seems to have closed.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:56 am
gfastr wrote:In any case another chapter in SR history seems to have closed.

It wouldn't have to... The rule in the SCCA GCr to preclude using Spec Racer Chassis (Sports Renault included) from being modified forces people to choose - upgrade, or hang it up. A Sports Renault is getting more difficult to find engine/transmission parts.

So, a more cost effective solution/conversion could be to a Honda or other FWD rig. Much less than a Ford Gen2, let alone Gen3 + transmission. But, that moves the car out of SCCA and to track day car only (or SPU with a friendly Region). A Honda mod quickly gets you above 150 HP, a 'Busa a bit more difficult - but popular in some classes.

Subtle changes to the GCR could open up viable participation opportunity and very low cost. The initial rule was to keep older cars from being modified and competing in ASR. Well, that should no longer be the case. By permitting older chassis to be re-powered and run in other-than-Spec classes, can make for reasonably priced racing. Add in a number of aero improvements to the body and you can have a Hot Ticket, maybe very near near P1/P2 performance at an FV price.

Rant over.

Cheers - Jim
When I used to fly, I was called an AVIATOR.
Now, I race cars. So, am I called a PAVIATOR?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:06 am
My cynical thought: SCCA seems to have a class for every POS everyone gets a trophy door slammer from the 60’s. Why not a class for SR?
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions