Well'p, I'm out - for now

All things specracer!
Chassis:
NONE :(
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm
Sigh, sad to see it go but I've just sold "Car53", after a wonderful 9-year run.
http://www.specracer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3487

Not that I've been exactly a memorable figure around here - I think this is my 9th post in 8 years - but this an FYI for those who may know me here in N.California, with whom I've not stayed in touch the past year.

I've been doing some Historic racing in Europe (long story for later), which - when it resumes again - will be taking all of my time & resources. I'm hoping to finish that campaign at the end of next year (..was supposed to be just this year, but then Covid), and then find my way back into another SRF again.

And I must say I miss it already!

I wanted to extend my deepest thanks to Dave Harriman, my longtime crew chief and original racing mentor, with whom I enjoyed winning the S.F. Region Championship (SRF/Gen2) in 2016. And to Jack Willes, with whom I've had some great runs these past few years. (This, alongside partner-in-crime Lee Douglas who at 75+ is still faster than me.. dang. :| )

Anyway that's it for now but, like that guy once said;
Attachments
proxy-image-2hfwq.jpg
proxy-image-2hfwq.jpg (131.58 KiB) Viewed 7180 times
Mike Boyle
SRF #(TBD), San Francisco Region
I'm out for now, hopefully just temporary
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/kangamotorsports/
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:10 am
Sorry we won't see you for awhile but look forward to having you back soon!

Good luck with the historic racing
James Chartres
SRF #82 - Chassis #501
http://www.kangamotorsports.com
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/​jerry.aplass
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:13 am
Hey Mike,

I was surprised when your car went up for sale. I will miss (for now) racing against you; always fast, always clean, and always fun to run with. Good luck with the MGB in Europe at all those famous tracks - so jealous! One side note: I will not miss your car though, that is because my neighbor bought it! It will be right next door to me and I figure I will be seeing it on a regular basis over beers. Been talking to him about racing SRF’s for 2 years and telling him what fun they are to campaign. So now he pulled the trigger and bought your #53. He is excited to get out there and run with SCCA SFR drivers.

Till we meet again...
Jerry Aplass SRF #204
San Francisco Region
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:49 am
Mike
I am sorry to see you move on to a different class. :( We had some great Gen2 battles at Fontana and Buttonwillow. We always had good clean and close racing. Good luck with your European adventure and I would like to hear about it when you are at the track again.

Cheers,

Doug Stewart
Cal Club
SRF#71

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 pm
Mike, I am so excited to have bought your car and looking forward to getting out there with it and trying to battle at the back of the pack as I learn the car!. Another week or so and I should be picking up chassis #628 with a new livery and new number and doing a test day in it and getting started. It will be so very different than what I am used to but I am excited to learn. Give me a few races and hopefully I can do the car some justice by maybe playing mid-pack! or not.. i don't know.. but I will have fun wherever i am in the field. Enjoy the historic racing.. sounds pretty awesome on those tracks in Europe with all the history. Good luck.

Return to General Discussions