Racing in a pandemic environment

All things specracer!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:48 pm
All,

The SCCA has posted some guidelines on how to run a race event during the
pandemic. Obviously, local guidance comes first but there is also tailored guidance
for the event to follow.

You can read these at https://www.scca.com/pages/covid-19-event-guidelines

As you can see, they are focused on the event itself and how the specialties will have to
take special precautions.

We as drivers need to be aware of these new procedure and willingly go along. What they do not say
is how drivers should conduct themselves in the paddock. If you are in a group sharing an awning
or trailer, think about how you will keep separation with the other drivers. This consideration should also extend to activities off the track.

This is our way to safely go back racing until the global "all clear".

Chris
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:49 pm
Thx Chris. Nice to read that our annual tech is extended 3 months also. Just make sure your belts haven’t expired. That is not extended.
We should be well versed wrt social distancing by the time of our next race. I’m still concerned about motels and restaurants and what rules we will have with them.
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
95, 950
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:20 am
re: Hotels/Motels

If you need one, get one with an external door where you don't have to mix with other people in an indoor space.

Re: restaurants and other social gatherings

As long you can keep track of the names and phone numbers of every person that is within 10 feet of you over the past 14 days, and have the time to check up with them to see how they are doing, you should be able to go where ever you want with no issues. Pretty hard at most commercial places, so I would bring a cooler and a grill and stick to a small group for the weekend.

Catching up with lots of people is half the fun of going to the races, but being a social butterfly is not part of the program this year.

Return to General Discussions