iracing league partners with Southeast Spec Racer!

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:50 pm
Greetings All
First, a BIG thanks for letting me join this community and to all the new contacts who have accepted my FB friend requests. Ray ESportsracing
The goal of my site is to connect real world racers and virtual racers in an ESports environment.
My background is growing up around the SCCA racing, autocross, and eventually racing the Spec Racer Gen 1 version .
I also have a background in simulation as a flight simulator technician, first thru the USAF, then with a manufacturer/training provider, FlightSafety, as a tech, tech instructor, and site manager, and now with a major US airlines simulator training facility.
These 2 backgrounds I feel gives me a unique perspective on the capability of the motor-racing ESports world.

I have reached out and connected with many drivers on the real world side and gratefully appreciate your acceptance! Some old friends, and some new ones.
For the past 7 years I have been involved in the iracing community primarily racing the SRF, establishing a league, and hosting a quarterly SRF big grid event we call the vRunoffs, obviously in honor of the real thing.

I am looking at setting up some leagues using the iracing platform to help connect the 2 worlds. We currently have the Weekend Warriors which is normally broadcast on YouTube thru the Global SimRacing Channel every Sunday. Check out some of the broadcasts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bhZTFl ... tiNR3GphJs

We have some BIG news on the Weekend Warriors front to come out shortly regarding sponsorship and real world connections!

Another league of possibility would be one following the SCCA Super Tour Series.
We have 8 of the 11 Super Tour series tracks available in iracing. Can I interest some of you in joining and participating in one or both? The SRF ESports Super Tour league will probably run on Tuesday eves prior to the weekend of the Super Tour races. The first would be Tues 8 Jan, so its time to start setting up for members, etc. Let me know!
Is there something else that could be done to help connect, and set up to use for training, etc?
I know, I know, Gen 3! We are already pressing both sides, SCCA Enterprises and Iracing to get this done. Equipment recommendations, computers, iracing questions, etc?
I have a website set up for leagues and discussion, etc
http://virtualmotorsportsracing.com/

There are pages set up for sim hardware vendors, Leagues, Broadcasters (yes there is a genre of broadcasters for this, using YouTube, Twitch, etc) and even a page for sim/real world connection , as well as a forum available.

Lets hear some of your ideas, I am getting towards retirement in a few years, and this has become a personal goal.
Cheers
Steve
Last edited by SteveRay11 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 pm
The iracing SRF Weekend Warriors league is proud to announce our partnership with Southeast Spec Racer who is sponsoring our league this season . This is a new step and the FIRST into ESports for a real world race team, racing the same cars as the iracing connection. This provides a chance for real world drivers to not only practice and learn new tracks in the US, but to also race on such great tracks world wide as Silverstone and Brands Hatch in the UK, Spa Belgium, LeMans, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Imola, Monza, etc.
The league normally has a 12 week season, each week visiting a new track. However, due to the holidays, this season has been shortened to 9 weeks, starting 6 Jan at Silverstone. We have 2 classes to determine a championship, Spec 1 for the more experienced and higher rated drivers, Spec 2 class for less experienced and rated drivers.
You can check out our SRF racing each Sunday at 2:45pm Eastern US time on the Global SimRacing Channel on YouTube. They are a professional broadcast team providing commentary and coverage of the races.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:35 pm
Check out round 1 of the Weekend Warriors sponsored by Southeast Spec Racer !
https://youtu.be/qdkBZ6XL5WI

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:57 pm
We are on round 4 this week and return to the USA and the great Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. This time we will use the chicane version.
The Weekend Warriors have been putting 35+ cars on track each week, and now the races are broadcast on Iracing ESports Network! Its a great chance to check out how close the virtual racing is compared to the real world SRF races.
If you would like to join in the fun, practice opens at 1:40pm Eastern US time. To watch the race, here is the link:
https://youtu.be/qw9av6M310Y

Either way, its some great, clean, competitive racing, with fun throughout the grid.

Return to General Discussions