Looking to team up or share transport in '19

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:30 pm
Hello:

I know most everyone is still in the middle of their '18 season, but I've pretty much taken the year off and am thinking about next season.

I'm located in Nashville, TN, and with my work schedule, it's become apparent that the long tows from this location are just too much for me to manage more than a couple of times a year....I'd really like to race 5-8 weekends. An arrive and drive deal with a prep shop would be great, but I just don't have the budget for that.

So....I'm looking for someone else to team up with...either as a team mate or perhaps someone who can just haul my car to the track. Although someone fairly local would be ideal, it really could be anywhere in the eastern US. I'm open to a lot of possible arrangements, such as me paying for fuel and other transportation costs, or me buying a two-car trailer for us both to use.

Years ago, I did a deal where I provided the truck and trailer, and the other driver did the prep work on the car. Worked great for both of us...he was an excellent mechanic and kept both cars in top shape, and it made it more affordable for him because he didn't need to make the investment in a truck and trailer. An arrangement like that would be ideal, but I'm open to ideas.

Please send me a message if you're interested to start a conversation.

Mark

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:11 pm
Lots of looks, but no replies or messages, so obviously I heaven't struck a chord with anyone yet! I'd even do a transport deal with a non-SRF SCCA driver as long as we could coordinate a nice schedule of Majors to hit...I don't mind working on the car at the track...just can't get it there myself. More fun and efficient to team up with another SRF driver, though.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1079944414
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:46 pm
PM sent.
or try me at:
R e e d S p e e d (at) M a c (dot) c o m.
Robert Reed
N.E. SRF#03
A.M.E.C. VW#99

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:28 pm
Hmmmm....I never got the PM above, so maybe something in my settings is preventing it. In any case, feel free to email me at: markzgoodman@gmail.com

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 pm
Contact Kevin at Comprent Motorsports. His shop is located in Athens, GA. He has taken excellent care of my car. Comprent does a full schedule of races each year. You can reach him at (706) 543-1797. Comprent's website is https://www.comprent.net/

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:27 pm
Thanks to everyone who reached out....in the end, I was lucky enough to have a few good options to choose from...looks like I have a new home for '19 and hopefully beyond. Appreciate the responses.

Return to General Discussions