Channel Mapping for Fuel Pressure?

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:01 pm
Is Fuel_P mapped in the PE3 Standard Messages? If so, what is the message ID?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 am
Yes, it's accessible through the PE3 software and is one of the standard sensor outputs available through from the PE3 to the AIM software that I use with my MXL. On the AIM side it's mapped to ECU_6. Not sure it that's helpful in determining the message ID...
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:50 pm
I don't think the Standard PE3 has the translated fuel pressure, but you can probably get the voltage from the sensor and scale it appropriately.

Attached is a spreadsheet with the PE3 CAN info. Note the AiM systems are using the Bosch MS4.3 compatible format, but the standard format is on the first tab in the spreadsheet.
Attachments
PE3_Ecu_canMessages_01_14_14.xls.zip
(18.73 KiB) Downloaded 1588 times
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:53 pm
Hi Dave,

On the PE3 for the SRF Gen3, Fuel Pressure is mapped from the ECU to the AIM software. I'm assuming the questioner is referring to the Gen3-specific PE3 configuration and not just the generic PE3 ECU.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:47 pm
Thanks for the input and spreadsheet. If I understand the spreadsheet correctly, the page entitled "PE message deffinition" is where the standard PE3 messages (i.e., not bosch or J1939) are defined.

There are eight channels that have voltage (rows 20-29 in the spreadsheet). I need to know which one I need to grab and scale for fuel pressure. Without knowing which message ID and data "channel" contains the fuel_p voltage, I'm just chasing my tail.

I'm using a DIY data system (Racecapture Pro MKII), and all my processing is done in a lua script. I can eliminate one of those channels because we already identified it for oil pressure.

Why not just list the actual sensors (e.g., fuel_p, oil_p, etc...) on those analog channels in the spreadsheet? Also, it appears that the voltage curve is not linear... so my simple multiplier scaling is only accurate near the range I monitor. Would be awesome to get the actual scaling function or table for the sensors that ship in the engine.

Best,
Wayne

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:46 pm
The PE3 is a configurable ECU. You could use different sensors, etc. What you need to know, Mike Davies at Enterprises may be willing to answer.

The AIM configuration uses the MS4.3 protocol, the OP specifically asked about the PE3 standard messages.

It may be that ASL can't deal with the compound messages of the MS4.3 protocol.

I was just trying to answer the question presented.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:35 pm
Can someone please ask Mike Davies then? Pretty please??

Return to Spec Racer Gen3