SRF Modifications

Technical and Repair Discussions

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 pm
Shifter - New joints and a little adjustment can make a big difference in the shift quality. I wish I knew about the bending the lever trick when I had it apart. 5th is a bit of a reach & very close to the side of the cockpit for me.

Brakes -There is a new vented rotor option (probably manditory if you want to run up front). Pads are spec. I can't remmeber if a seperate, slightly thinner, version was put out or if all the new ones will be slightly thinner to work with the new vented rotors.

Computer enhancements - Supposedly a new ECU is on the way to support the gen 3 car. I guess gen 2 cars will be legal with either the old or new one per the last I heard.

Basicly everything tends to be spec, with somethings like rod ends & hardware relatively open source, some where stock replacement parts are allowed, and some you have to get directly through your CSR or Enterprises.

You can look on the Enterprises web site for SRF update letters where they have introdued updated parts, typically with a description of why and how to install the upgrade.
Bruce Funderburg
SEDiv SRF #4

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:44 pm
BFun wrote:Brakes -There is a new vented rotor option (probably manditory if you want to run up front). Pads are spec. I can't remmeber if a seperate, slightly thinner, version was put out or if all the new ones will be slightly thinner to work with the new vented rotors..

I slapped the new rotors on at COTA with a new set of pads (vintage 2009) and I was rolling free.

H.(They see me rollin'...they be hatin')B
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions