Adding A/F ratio logging to CDS system

Technical and Repair Discussions
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1032406508
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm
Last season I added a A/F gauge to my car. I would like to add the A/F readout to the data logged in my CDS system. In reviewing the data system and conferring with Sara at CDS, it turns out that my system setup (typical for SRF) uses up all the analog channels. Sara said some of the SRF guys disconnect the oil pressure and use that channel for the A/F. That sounds a bit sporty. My first guess would be to use the fuel pressure lead.

Looking for guidance from someone who has done this already.
Les Kurz
NER SRF #31
Chassis #008 (GEN2)

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
865, 91, 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 am
Les,

In my own personal opinion, I would disconnect the Fuel Pressure sensor long before I would get rid of oil pressure, IF you use the CDS to feed the dash gauge.

However, if you are merely logging those items, and you have another way to display oil pressure, then I would likely be more interested n seeding what the fuel pressure is doing while the A/F moves around.

And if you don't have a way to display oil pressure, you could just install an old fashion analog gauge.

Mind you, those are my opinions.

Rod S
SRF 38
SF Region

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm
Since fuel pressure has a direct impact on A/F, I find FP info to be very useful when trying to adjust the A/F. What are your other options? I have plenty of room in my AIM system but I've found oil temp to be something not worth knowing.

Michael Hausknecht (NE#60)
Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 pm
Yes another option might be to not log oil temp. When the Gen3 power package comes out all engine parameters will be fed to the CDS via an ECU data link which will free up any hardware channels currently used for engine stuff.
Should also be noted that our system has expansion capability up to 38 channels

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions