Is a collapsible steering column allowed?

Technical and Repair Discussions
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 pm
My sentiments exactly Lee, Dave, Greg, et al!!
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:53 pm
Good to see i'm not the only one who feels this persons post are all negative and uninformed.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:50 am
enzo wrote:Good to see i'm not the only one who feels this persons post are all negative and uninformed.

If you think they are uniformed...state why. The posts all started as questions.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 am
David:

Your comments aren't necessarily uninformed from the standpoint of reading a book (GCR).

They're uninformed because they're coming from someone who hasn't even owned, much less crashed, a Spec Racer. Which, unfortunately, many of the posters on this thread have. Some heavily.

You're not dealing with a bunch of yo-yo's too blithely ignorant to not question the few open safety issues our cars might have. Go search on this site for the lively discussions on those topics, one of which occurred recently.

Your comment on the collapsible steering column did have merit. And some of us agreed with you. Thanks for the observation. But you did not stop there and went on to question the overall safety of a car that has proven to be -- over three decades, millions of racing miles, and thousands of crashes -- one of the safest racecars ever built.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm
DavidNJ wrote:
enzo wrote:Good to see i'm not the only one who feels this persons post are all negative and uninformed.

If you think they are uniformed...state why. The posts all started as questions.

Uninformed conclusions would be a little more accurate.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:54 pm
Bob Devol wrote:David:

Your comments aren't necessarily uninformed from the standpoint of reading a book (GCR).

They're uninformed because they're coming from someone who hasn't even owned, much less crashed, a Spec Racer. Which, unfortunately, many of the posters on this thread have. Some heavily.

You're not dealing with a bunch of yo-yo's too blithely ignorant to not question the few open safety issues our cars might have. Go search on this site for the lively discussions on those topics, one of which occurred recently.

Your comment on the collapsible steering column did have merit. And some of us agreed with you. Thanks for the observation. But you did not stop there and went on to question the overall safety of a car that has proven to be -- over three decades, millions of racing miles, and thousands of crashes -- one of the safest racecars ever built.

+1
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions