MXL Pista RPM not registering correctly on GEN 2

Technical and Repair Discussions

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:14 pm
Just installed my new MXL Pista in a GEN2, hooked the RPM wire (dash side) to the blue tach wire (vehicle harness) and the RPM reading is higher then the actual engine speed. Reading 2000 when idling at 800 RPM; any ideas on what I have set up wrong in my configuration?

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:31 pm
In Race Studio2, with your device configuration selected, use the "System Configuration" tab, and look at the RPM parameters in the upper left -- you should have "AIM Sensor" selected, and the Multiply Factor should be /2.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:41 am
Thank you for the information Dave, the RPM is now reading correctly. Since you are bating a 1000, any idea how I connect the alternator lamp to the new display? I like having, at the very least, an idiot light. Thank you for your help.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:47 pm
DWhite wrote:Thank you for the information Dave, the RPM is now reading correctly. Since you are bating a 1000, any idea how I connect the alternator lamp to the new display? I like having, at the very least, an idiot light. Thank you for your help.

Dave F. is pretty much always batting 1000 with it comes to data. :)

A lot of us set voltage alarms, better than the light...

Dave H.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions