Service for Spec Racer Near Brooklyn New York?

Technical and Repair Discussions

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 am
Hello everyone, I have brought my Spec Racer up frpm South East Florida to Brooklyn, New York. I would like to have it serviced as the engine is running roughly. Does anyone know if there is someone close to Brooklyn that services Spec Ford's. The two C.S.R.'s in the Northeast are two hundred miles from me. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks Larry
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:12 am
Hi and welcome to Spec Racer. I live in the New York City area and rely on my area's CSR to help with issues like yours. Your CSR is Motion Dynamics. Call Shawn Morrison there and describe your problem. Chances are he can guide you to a solution. You can also call SCCA Enterprises' Engine Department for advice. Or you can get advice from other CSRs. Service on any of the sealed components is strictly limited to specific service shops or SCCA Enterprises, depending on the component.

You can also describe your problem here on the forum and perhaps we can help you.

One way or the other, we'll get you up and running. I'm looking forward to meeting you this coming race season!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:42 pm
As Bob Devol and I both know about rough running engines, Bob gave you good advice. One of the main culprits we both have experienced is bad spark plug wires. One time at the Glen, Bob replaced almost everything electrical on his engine and still couldnt get it to run well and when i got involved i suggested new spark plug wires and he said that those were just replaced. Turned out his new set had a bad wire and another new set solved the problem. So you might check the spark plug wires first along with looking over any wiring especially around where there are plugs. A new set of Enterprise spark plug wires and careful looming has given me much better assurance in that area. Hope that helps. :)
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 pm
What about Mike Amy in PA. His website is Doggoneracing.com I believe. Btw, where are you in Brooklyn.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:48 pm
Mike Amy is in York PA, site is DOGGONERACING.COM. Very knowledgeable and a ton of experience with SRFs.
Dan

Formerly Teamwork Motorsports #99, Chassis #460

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions