Goodyears

Technical and Repair Discussions

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:48 am
After finally running out of my Yokes, must now try something else on my Renault! I have a set of
Goodyears, but understand the suspension set up may be different than when using the Yokes. Can someone please advise on any changes in castor/camber, rake angle, etc. I assume that being same size for all four tires that the front end may get raised slightly do to the narrower front tire----if so, how do you adjust---spring tension? Tire pressures----I know the Ford is little heaview, but generally, where would you start pressures on, say, 75 degree day? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also have set of Proxess 888's that I will try.

mexlr8@aol.com
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:48 pm
Don't waste your money on the Goodyears. Go with the Toyo's in the proper sizes (R888 or RA1). There are other alternatives in proper SR sizes as well, though I don't have any personal experience with them (heard some good feedback on Avons.)

It's going to be hard to generalize set-up changes for the Goodyears relative to the Ford as its much heavier and the weight distribution is much poorer than the Renault. If you're asking questions about how to change ride height, I assume you haven't done much setup work on the car, so you may want to seek out some assistance from someone with setup knowledge on these cars and the proper equipment to scale, measure camber/caster, and set alignment (as well as shock/bar/ride height settings.)
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions