Quick Adjustment Cheat Sheet?

Technical and Repair Discussions

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:47 am
Does anyone have a quick-reference "cheat sheet" regarding adjustment increment parameters for our cars. For example, 1 turn of front spring perch = XX/16ths of an inch (or mm) ride height, 1 turn of LCA rod end = X.X° camber change, 1/6 turn (i.e., one "flat") of rear toe link = XX toe change?

I realize that this is relatively easy to do, just time consuming, and I'm trying to get up to speed mid-season, new to taking care of an SRF3.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:42 pm
Larry, I will let some else explain " cheat sheet". However, here is a good excel form for car setup.
You plugin your corner weights and it will calculate 50% diagonal. I keep on my cell phone

https://robrobinette.com/corner_weight_calc.htm

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:30 pm
I think there's too much variation in the fabricated components to have universal cheat sheet of the sort you're looking for.

I can't imagine that ride height and corner weighting is ever going to anything but iterative since you can't set them independently.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:05 pm
I'd start by looking here www.mummbrothers.com :).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:46 pm
I second Denny's suggestion! Talk to Barry (bmumm@mummbrothers.com), he has a program to do exactly what you are asking for, "ChassisMan Redux". Won't completely eliminate iteration, especially if you are working on bump steer, but will get you pretty close in one round.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:55 pm
Hello to All!
I re-wrote the original ChassisMan to run under Windows (I finally decided DOS wasn't making a comeback)... along with some updates.

To get a FREE copy of the software, send me an email (like Charlie said, bmumm@mummbrothers.com). I'm doing things this way so I can track who has what version.

My way of saying "thanks" to the SR/SRF community that's been so good to Robert and me all these years.

Barry

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions