Fire Bottle Refill

Technical and Repair Discussions

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:54 pm
Does anyone know where I can get the Halon fire bottle refilled? The bottle has a label that says it was manufactured by Fire Systems, Inc. in Modoc, IN and has a phone number. But the phone is disconnected and I can't find the company on the web anywhere. There's a company in Michigan with the same name and is in the fire safety business, but they say they're not the same company. I tried a local fire safety company and they say they won't refill it because of the warning on the label that says that the unit is rechargeable only by the factory. But the factory doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions short of buying a whole new fire bottle?

Joel

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:52 pm
Joel

I found a racer in Akron who is in the extinguisher business. He exchanged mine a few years back. I'll see if I can find him again and pm u his number
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 pm
Comprent Motorsports in GA. is a CSR and does fire bottles. Kevin is the owner.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 am
Thanks to all who responded. I found the manufacturer of the original Fire Bottle that was installed in all Spec Racer Fords. The company had moved from their original site in Indiana to North Fort Myers, Florida.

The name of the company is Safety Systems of Lee County, Inc. Their phone number is (239) 995-6300 and their website is www.firebottleracing.com. The recharge of Halon was $179 and shipping from Florida to Indiana was $54.19 for a total of $233.19. Not cheap, but less than the cost for a whole new fire suppression system. To recharge a bottle, there is an RMA form on their website that you need to fill out and send with your bottle to them in Florida. The web site says that they will only refill bottles that are less than six years old. Mine was manufactured in 2001. But when I talked to them they said that they would refill any bottle if it was metal, so they refilled mine.

Thanks again to all that tried to help! See you on the track!

Joel

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions