West Coast Braggin' Rights

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 pm
Dave,
I don't think it would matter if you counted just the cars doing both events. Because you really couldn't get enough points in a single event to take the overall win...unless the differential in car counts between the two events were really biased. I would also not give any point to DNS and DNF cars.

We are planning on doing the two events...providing I can find the pesky gremlin.
Bob
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:20 pm
bob gardner wrote:Dave,
I don't think it would matter if you counted just the cars doing both events. Because you really couldn't get enough points in a single event to take the overall win...unless the differential in car counts between the two events were really biased. I would also not give any point to DNS and DNF cars.
Bob

Using your 34 v. 20 scenario, two tenths and a DNF at Laguna would beat two wins at Portland?
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm
Your right. So maybe we can award the points as I described but only drivers race in both events qualify. So if someone were to finish really well in the Laguna races and didn't travel to Portland they would be out of the running. It would put some pressure on those pesky non-travelling fast front runners to do a little travelling.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm
bob gardner wrote:Your right. So maybe we can award the points as I described but only drivers race in both events qualify. So if someone were to finish really well in the Laguna races and didn't travel to Portland they would be out of the running. It would put some pressure on those pesky non-travelling fast front runners to do a little travelling.

My sentiments exactly.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/​jerry.aplass
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 am
Just some a quick question since I have never run at PIR / Rose Cup. I have heard people talk about having to use a "Portland muffler" to run at PIR. Is this "Portland muffler" required to run at the Rose Cup as well? If so where do you get one, or does it make sense to just to bring our Laguna type muffler to use as an alternative? I don't want to make the drive all the way up and find out that I was not allowed out on the track because I needed a special muffler.
Jerry Aplass SRF #204
San Francisco Region
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 am
Jerry,
Just use the same muffler that you will use at Laguna. The "Portland" muffler is the same one that the FE cars use...it is more of a spark arrestor than a sound control device. It won't make the Laguna sound window.

Be sure to sign up for the test day (if you are going to do it) online at the Pro Drive website. It will save you a few bucks.

Bob

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:28 pm
One more thing Jerry, if you are planning on staying at the track, the track has Wednesday night drag races and hot rod cruise in...so there will not be access to the paddock area until Thrusday morning.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/​jerry.aplass
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm
Bob,

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I am planning on staying at the track. Sounds like I need to find a temporary place to stay for Wednesday night.
Jerry Aplass SRF #204
San Francisco Region
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:24 pm
Jerry A. wrote:Bob,

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I am planning on staying at the track. Sounds like I need to find a temporary place to stay for Wednesday night.

We should double check with the locals. If you can get there mid-afternoon, they can probably get us in...
What are you going to be sleeping in Jerry (new RV? :roll: )

Dave H
Dave Harriman

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:03 pm
Jerry,
You can do what I am planning to do...park in the lot just outside of the gate. I am planning on getting there late afternoon or early evening with the motorhome. Dave I talked to the Pro Drive office and they suggested the dirt parking lot outside the gate.
Bob
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions