West Coast Braggin' Rights

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 am
Hi all, not a SRF guy yet, May 4th is my test day with DaveH, I fit but will I like it, everyone says it is hard not too. Spent 3yrs in WA and ran at Portland, like it, fun track so if I become one of you I already dropped the hint to the wife that if I am good enough to keep up next yr. I want to join in. Looking forward to updates after the event.

Check out this one: Drys, soft rains, hard rains...... great video of Portland!
Last edited by GSR00 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:17 pm
We have room for another car, I think. :)
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:53 pm
I'm glad to see interest in this challenge. One of the aspects of this is a "Championship" for those of us who are probably not going to the Run Offs. There is a lot of inter-region racing among the West Coast drivers. The Oregon drivers have done well over the years racing in California and the SW. It would be fun to "crown" a champion and championship region for the West Coast and create a friendly rivalry. It can only be good for the sport.

I can guarantee a great weekend of racing in Portland to complete the series this year. We will paddock together near the Pro Drive office, have plenty of space for everyone, great entertainment on Fri and Sat nights at the track, and great beer, wine and restaurants in Portland.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:58 pm
Here are the points we will award in the 4 race series at Laguna June 8-9-10 and
finishing the following weekend at the 52nd Rose Cup Race weekend in Portland
Finish Pts
1 20
2 16
3 12
4 10
5 9
6 8
7 6
8 4
9 3
10 2
11- 1

For the individual championship it would a simple total of the most points in the 4 races. For the Region Championship we would pick top 5 drivers from each region, add up their points and the region with the most points wins.

Since I will be at the Laguna Race as well as the Rose Cup I would tally after each race and post/email to keep everyone up-to-date.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 pm
Sounds like more guys are getting interested. We are now coming with two cars (Mike and Court).

Working on a couple more...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 am
Why don't you make the points system easier. Number of SRF entries awarded in reverse order. Example: Laguna has 34 entries. First place equals 34, second equals 33, and so on. Rose cup has 20 entries. First place equals 20, second equals 19, etc.

Awarding points throughout the field would make everyone feel like they are contributing to their regions total. I also may get more people to travel who are not top 10 finishers.

Just my opinion.

Bob
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am
bob gardner wrote:Why don't you make the points system easier. Number of SRF entries awarded in reverse order. Example: Laguna has 34 entries. First place equals 34, second equals 33, and so on. Rose cup has 20 entries. First place equals 20, second equals 19, etc.

I prefer that part, although it might favor Laguna, since there probably will be a lot more entries. Maybe if you only counted the drivers that participate in both events.
Dave Harriman
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am
If one goal is to increase attendance wouldn't giving everyone points help get guys up to Portland along with the race, BBQ, Fun, etc.? That way even if someone can only attend one race they would be part of the competition :?:
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:53 pm
GSR00 wrote:If one goal is to increase attendance wouldn't giving everyone points help get guys up to Portland along with the race, BBQ, Fun, etc.? That way even if someone can only attend one race they would be part of the competition :?:

I think since the Portland guys are the ones organizing it, you should at least have to race in the Rose Cup race.
Dave Harriman
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 pm
I hope this works out so it can be done next yr., etc. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions