Sebring Report?

All things specracer!
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:21 pm
Since those of us that couldn't make the trip down south have to live vicariously through you guys...

How 'bout a Sebring update?

Who's fast? Who's really, really fast? Who has a rivet gun in their hand right now fixing fiberglass? Who was out too late last night to even make it to the track today? Who's giving everyone a laugh by letting off some serious steam within a couple of feet of the P.A. announcer's live mic?

Come on, lets have it. Like it or not...at least until the lakes freeze up here - you guys are our racing entertainment!

Pat

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:03 pm
This is the post I found on FB:
Schofield 2:32:334
Charboneau
Galloway
Donovan
Annis
Morrison 2:33:553
Stanley
Hill
Anspach
Youngsma 2:34:271

H.(hearsay)B.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:02 pm
Chad Galloway gets his first national pole.

Top 10:
1) Galloway
2) Scholfield
3) Donovan
4) Charbonneau
5) Stanley
6) Morrison
7) Anspach
8) Hill
9) Panaggio
10) Current

Beautiful day - 40 ish this morning - 70ish this afternoon - bright sun. Forecast for the rest of the weekend is more of the same.
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:22 pm
Good work Chad!
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:10 am
Great job Chad! Glad to see a former Skip Barber classmate doing well. See you at the Sprints.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:18 pm
Great job Chad and PM Racing. From SEI Motorsports

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:29 pm
Quick race report:
Chad had an alternator wire break and the car shut off just as we were coming under the bridge at 17 to take the green -- and Andrew had a clutch problem on the start - so 6 of us got away at the front - Brian, Dave, Shawn, Richie, Thomas, and me. FCY at the end of lap two for Jon Ewing in the tires at T11. Restart 1 lap later. Top six again broke away with Brian leading. Thomas worked his way up to Brian while Dave, Shawn, and Richie argued over 3 thru 5 and I hung on by teeth and toenails in sixth. With 2 to go, Thomas got by Brian for the lead in 17 but Brian got back by going into 1. Next lap, Thomas tried again in 17 and got by but tried to carry too much thru 17 and got into the wall at the exit. What used to be known as the John Annis Memorial Dent (and became the Annis-Gore Memorial Dent when Jordan encountered that same wall a few years ago) will now be known as the Annis-Gore-Anspach Memorial Dent. At any rate, in the dodging of various car parts, I got by Richie, the track went FCY and we finished that way. Top 5 was Schofield, Morrison, Donovan, Hill, and Stanley. When I left the track it was looking like the PM guys were going to have Thomas back together for tomorrow. Qualifying at 8 am - race at 3.
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:03 pm
Hello, my name is Owen Coon (Trey) and run an SRF, Midwest, Chicago, and I currently lease a car from the great folks at Elite AutoSports (Beau Martin & crew). I just completed my first season and am looking forward to next year.
I appreciate the Sebring report and will be looking forward to all future updates. I too am suffering from racing withdrawl.

Trey (car 04)
p.s. Peter, hope you are wintering well!!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:31 pm
Trey,
Welcome! A couple of things:
(1) Just go ahead and admit the inevitable and go buy yourself a SRF. I mean, how much shorter would the winter feel right now if you were tinkering on it?
(2) Check back on specracer.com frequently, during the regular season for race reports, etc, but especially during the "off-season". Some of the most hilarious posts happen during the winter during our racing hibernation (except for those lucky SE guys and gals).
(3) There is a great app called "Race Monitor" that has a lot of racing events, all real time, including many of SCCA's events. It's fun to watch (and yes be somewhat jealous of) your buddies racing across the country.
(4) Look for SCCA events in your area (I know it might be a little harder in the Midwest this time of year) that might need some help. I'm telling you, they treat volunteers like Gods and it can become as addicting as racing, I know, strange is my language. But, any day at the track is a good day, right?
(5) Know that we all want back out there just as much as you do and can't wait to see and race with all of our friends again!
Keep those race reports coming (that means you Lee!).
Everybody have a great 2012!

Joelle Pence
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm
Buy a car, Trey. You will NOT regret it.
Next

Return to General Discussions