January Sportscar

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 pm
If I am not mistaken, on page 19 of the Jan. edition of Sportscar there is a photo of Jeff Swann heading towards the inner loop at Watkins Glen being ably assisted by I think Rob Reed of Iceracer.com fame. Can anyone confirm?
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 am
I haven't seen the pic, but I do know from experience that Rob is always willing to "assist" a fellow racer through the bus stop...or up the esses...or through 10...& 11... Occasionally, he has even "assisted" me on the way to the false grid!!

As I type this, I am sure he is at home preparing his iceracer to "assist" Lehner, Youngsma and me through the twists and turns (and everywhere else!) out on the ice this season.

In these uncertain times, it is nice that there are some things you can count on!

Pat "Smoothinator" Stringer
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1079944414
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:02 pm
@ Enzo (by the way, who are you?!?),
Yup... Enterprise asked me if I could make some action pictures for them for some print ads. This is one of the stills from that. It was shot with the GoPro set on HD photo mode. This was not during a race, but a test day session where all drivers were notified that I may be simulating some "assisting".

@ Pat,
You're definitely getting some "assistance" this year on the ice. Lehners gonna help me out...
Robert Reed
N.E. SRF#03
A.M.E.C. VW#99
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:04 pm
Yup -- that's the latest print ad for Spec Racer I wrote and art directed by Patrick Seymour.

The shot was taken at the test day for the Fun One in September 2010 and also appears in the Spec Racer brochure. We had a little "pre-production" meeting beforehand in the paddock to discuss how to set up the shots. That little GoPro HD camera is amazing. It took literally thousands of shots during the session and selecting the best takes took some time.

Thanks to our camera car driver Rob Reed, "assisting" Jeff Swann. Alongside is Lee McNeish and, way up ahead, the white car is Randy Youngsma. You guys did a great job!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:20 pm
Who am I? Not so fast there Rob, let's just say you have ably assisted me many a time most memorably a few years ago down the front straight at Lime Rock during the start of the NARRC Runoffs if my memory serves me. How's your memory? Btw Pat, love your location although it's not even remotely true from my vantage point on track.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1079944414
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:53 am
I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Let alone what happened years ago! Ha...
I do have flashbacks every once and a while tho... kinda remember a dark blue car that needed a nudge... yes?!? :?
Robert Reed
N.E. SRF#03
A.M.E.C. VW#99
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 pm
IceRacer wrote:I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Hey, dammit...that's MY line.

Lol'ed when i saw the pix. Reminded me of staring at Fick's butt as I "assisted" him to the Bus Stop (well...others, too) (but only in test day sessions !).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 pm
John: I had to rely on Joe Doyle for my "assists" of late since you have a coughing motor and you are more prone to walking around the paddock in official capacities instead of "sweating it out" with the rest of us at the Glen :P ...but I await the day when I have fresh yellow paint again on my lower frame :)

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 pm
Mark, how's your health? Did you find some of that weight you lost?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:58 pm
Hey Frederico! My health is greatly improved and was motivated by my racing against Mr. Feno this fall... :) My surgeon said i would feel like a new man and he was right...you know i was never heavy to begin with but i gained back everything and have alot of strength i havent had in a long time.
Wishing you and all the SRF guys a very wonderful holiday season and looking forward to hitting the asphalt next season once again! And i better see # 57 yellow and black assisting me soon! ;)
Next

Return to General Discussions