New York Safety Track

All things specracer!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm
Did some lapping last week at the track being built 25 minutes from home.
Video: http://youtu.be/en1Uo5neJ94

Greg wants SCCA there, lets hope it happens. Lots to be done but so far a great start!

Kevin Treffeisen

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm
Looks like an interesting layout Kevin. Btw what was that app you told me about at LRP that you use to follow the races.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 pm
Race Monitor

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 pm
Thank you.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm
Doing laps with construction equipment still on track...now that's what I call jumping the start.

Thanks, Kevin.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 am
Looks like a cool layout. Hope they put some nice FIA curbing in those esses. Kevin, did you not tighten your helmet?

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:24 am
Track looks great. Hope we get to run it. So who holds the SRF track record, you or Brooks? (I assume that was Bradford Brooks in your mirrors)
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:27 am
Treff wrote:Did some lapping last week at the track being built 25 minutes from home.
Video: http://youtu.be/en1Uo5neJ94

Greg wants SCCA there, lets hope it happens. Lots to be done but so far a great start!

Kevin Treffeisen

Always great to see new tracks. I respect the pre-emptive marketing in the name! It should have been called, "New York, Quiet, Low-Carbon-Emission, Wholesome, Family, Safety Track."

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:04 pm
I'm thinking the track is not intended nor, obviously, currently equipped for wheel to wheel racing. There are a number of places where putting a wheel or two off could easily result in a visit to the trees. This aspect reminds me of Nelson Ledges which, as you may know, addresses the same problem with the largest collection of tire walls known to man. Environmental laws won't allow that option these days. Absent guard rails outside many of the corners or removal of a bunch more trees, I'm not seeing a future for us there. Seems a shame; looks like it would be fun to drive. The bike guys, by the way, are part of a reputable track day group, but they don't hold wheel to wheel races. Seems perfect for them.

Michael Hausknecht (NE#60)
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/bradford.w.brooks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:49 pm
Greg Lubinitsky is working very quickly and very hard at making this track come to life in a very short time. He knows there is a LOT of work to be done yet:

-Finish coat of Asphalt
-Curbing
-Tree removal / clearances
-Guard railing / Armco
-Worker / Flagging stations
-Pit lane length / entrance / exit lanes
-Paddock areas
-Track entrance
-Security

Lucky for us, he's pressing onward without fail so far. He has been nice enough to let us work with him, helping him understand our needs and heads-up on possible SCCA requirements, etc. What is great for our hurting rural area is that by next year, he should be employing at least 30+ full time people! Flaggers, security, maintenance, groundkeepers, truck drivers, etc. It's an awesome undertaking that Greg is performing.

As for lapping, Kevin and I were there while work was being performed in a couple places on a damp track half covered with leaves. It was a bit tricky at best, but it certainly is a fun track to run. It may prove trick also to try and race cars on it CW, but CCW isn't as bad. It's not real wide onthe road course area and pretty twisty with quick elevation changes, but the "front straight" is very wide. Lap times? We were just happy to stay on the pavement and not catch any contruction people or equipment along the track.

Kevin and I are fortunate to have this coming into our "back yard" and look forward to more laps in the future.

Brad Brooks
You lose 100% of the races you don't start.
Next

Return to General Discussions