XL Seat Options

All things specracer!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:43 pm
Hi All!

Curious about seating options in our SRFs. I am new here and am looking at seating options....of course taking into account safety and comfort.

I am 6'2 with a (rather freakishly) long torso. Sitting on the floor of the car gives me plenty of clearance and is also, interestingly enough, very comfortable. I prefer to be low in the car and reclined.....formula car roots. Are beaded seats an option for SRFs? If so, does anyone have any tips or tricks in using them in a non-formula car?

Thank you all!
-Bernie

Spec Racer Ford Chassis 001
Argo JM14 Formula Ford 2000

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:26 pm
Yes, there are "bead" seat options for an SRF. SCCA Enterprises makes a specific plastic base for this exact purpose. Just have to make sure your hip width is a fit for the base. Have also seen people put a bead seat in a Butler aluminum seat base. My experience is the Butler seat sits a little higher/more vertical in the car so that may not be a match for your "sit low" in the car preference. This is my first year w/ my SRF3 (chassis #816) and the thing I have struggled w/ the most is find that "just right" seating option/position. Have added some new rib and lower back padding to my Butler seat for my event this weekend at NHMS. We'll see how it goes.
Kevin K.

SRF3
Chassis # 816

Return to General Discussions