AiM MXL -type dash

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:32 pm
Noah - would you be able to post a pic of the MXM in your car from driver's perspective? I'm (finally) making the upgrade to Gen 3 and going to update from Stack dash as well and trying to figure out if the MXM will be big enough (it would be nice to save nearly $1,000 over the MXL. TIA

Adam

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:21 pm
Adam, My son, JD, has been using the EVO4S with GsDash. Why? the EVO4s comes with 5 inputs. So we have "Front Brake Pressure, Rear Brake Pressure, Steering, then added the SmartyCam HP 2.2 camera. We still have 2 connectors available , say for IR Tire temps or linear potentiometer/s.

The screen size is 4" wide and uses older screen technology. However, The GsDash has 4 warning lites which are programmable with 7 different colors and you can add a text message. I have programed 4 speed alarms for Hot Pits and Paddock. On track warning lights cover Water, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, { the temps have numerous warning screens as the temp/s rise} . We have setup the display with 4 selectable screens. Qualifying with Predictive, Best and Fastest lap. Racing screen with RPM scaled across the top. Best Lap & Current lap times and Oil Pressure & Water temp. Brake screen for Front & rear Pressure, Brake Bias. The Final screen is Catch All to view Fuel Pressure, Water Temp, Oil Temp & Pressure, Brake Front & Rear pressures, Brake Bias % and I think MAP.

I would call AIM customer service, Veracity Racing, or a number of Mid West or East Coast CSR for their opinions. JD does not have any trouble viewing the GsDash screen as he uses the cut out steering wheel.

ps: When I drove JD's SRF3 last fall, I really enjoyed the cut out. When I was getting tired, Gripping the top gave me increased feel of control.

Have Fun,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:13 pm
M3racer wrote:Noah - would you be able to post a pic of the MXM in your car from driver's perspective? I'm (finally) making the upgrade to Gen 3 and going to update from Stack dash as well and trying to figure out if the MXM will be big enough (it would be nice to save nearly $1,000 over the MXL. TIA

Adam

A bit of a necro thread, but I noticed this wasn't replied to (at least publicly) when I was searching for MXm info, so for anyone looking in the future:
20221206_191954_xsm.jpg
20221206_191954_xsm.jpg (84.74 KiB) Viewed 5986 times

No in-use testing yet, but I think it'll be good, even with 1/4 of the bottom of screen #1 taken by a (future Sadev) gear display. I also think 'only' a 5 light array for the shift lights will be ok.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
880-2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:37 pm
Sorry M3racer that I never responded. Didn't see the message, and thanks, jdrds17, for posting a pick.

Like I said before, I am a massive fan of the MXM, which is not only a cheaper dash than the MXL2 but an overall better dash when used in a spec racer.
I have no idols. I admire work, dedication, and competence - Senna

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
880-2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:46 pm
Here is a video of the MxM in action at Sonoma Raceway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0TY2uaBh8Q

Two things to note.

I use the shift lights as a delta timer, so three red lights mean I am 3 tenths down on my best lap, and three green means I am 3 tenths up. I use the warning lights as my shift lights.

If you look carefully, you'll see that I have my gear indicator in the middle of the screen on my main race page.
I have no idols. I admire work, dedication, and competence - Senna
Previous

Return to General Discussions