Sports Renault mother lode

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:59 pm
For those of you who don't visit the SpecRacer Facebook page I thought I'd add this here.
Not exactly SRF3, but the mother lode of Sports Renault stuff. Probably too expensive to upgrade but could be great for vintage or track day cars. Also eligible for the SCCA CRE (Club Racing Experience) from what I understand. I have no connection to the seller but I hope these can find a good home. It would be a shame to see them end up as scrap; I've seen it happen before.

https://www.racingjunk.com/SCCA/1841193 ... rom=search

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:27 pm
A little more info about another of the cars in this package

https://www.racingjunk.com/Road-Club-Ra ... rom=search

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:26 pm
If you're in the region they might be worth it for the bodywork and other parts alone!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:38 am
I sent the link to Charlie Greenhaus at Entropy Racing. Might be a useful addition to his GEN 1 fleet or as a donor chassis for his EV racer program.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:20 pm
Main ad (on RacingJunk) seems to be gone now, though the second link is still working. Has anyone gotten a look at these cars, or purchased anything?

Chassis:
SR 311
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:54 pm
gfastr wrote:Main ad (on RacingJunk) seems to be gone now, though the second link is still working. Has anyone gotten a look at these cars, or purchased anything?

Blue and white one is now in my garage. Plans are to have it running at Waterford Hills later this season with the couple other SRs that still run out there, and possibly with Midwest Council after I get off my novice license and find a better tow vehicle next year. If I find any GEN I experts around here, I might be bugging them for help trying to get it back together. Came kinda complete, minus alternator and radiator, and needing all the sheet metal up front formed and put back together. Did get a couple engines and a pile of random spare parts too.

Black one also came to the Michigan area with another gentleman. Yellow one was still on the sellers lift getting a new underpan when I left last weekend, and he still had all the chassis and lots of spares.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:57 am
Thanks for the update. Glad these cars are finding a new home. I'm not sure if people appreciate how enduring this design has been. We're now within a couple of years of the 40th anniversary :-0

Chassis:
SR 311
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:55 pm
gfastr wrote:Thanks for the update. Glad these cars are finding a new home. I'm not sure if people appreciate how enduring this design has been. We're now within a couple of years of the 40th anniversary :-0

Absolutely appreciate it! I wound up in a rental SR for my drivers school in April, last-minute when my F500 wasn't ready. After driving it, I decided to stick with the class because of the space available (I'm a bigger guy that never really fit comfortably into the F500) and it was an economical way to stay in open cockpit at least. The car was cheap enough that even if I decide to move to something allowed in more SCCA events after next year, I'll probably just keep it around to do track days and vintage with as well.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:48 pm
jefnvk wrote:
gfastr wrote:Thanks for the update. Glad these cars are finding a new home. I'm not sure if people appreciate how enduring this design has been. We're now within a couple of years of the 40th anniversary :-0

Absolutely appreciate it! I wound up in a rental SR for my drivers school in April, last-minute when my F500 wasn't ready. After driving it, I decided to stick with the class because of the space available (I'm a bigger guy that never really fit comfortably into the F500) and it was an economical way to stay in open cockpit at least. The car was cheap enough that even if I decide to move to something allowed in more SCCA events after next year, I'll probably just keep it around to do track days and vintage with as well.

You can come race with us in Cendiv, we have a Gen 2 series and we also allow Renaults to race at our divisionals too. There are a few in the area. It seems the midwest is a hotspot for Renaults and now because of our series Gen 2s
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:26 am
jefnvk wrote:
gfastr wrote:Main ad (on RacingJunk) seems to be gone now, though the second link is still working. Has anyone gotten a look at these cars, or purchased anything?

Blue and white one is now in my garage. If I find any GEN I experts around here, I might be bugging them for help trying to get it back together.

Give Beau Martin at Elite Autosport a call. He still has a couple of Renaults at the shop.
Next

Return to General Discussions