WMR "Last Chance" Major @ Grattan 8/22, 8/23

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:49 am
I am happy to announce that registration will open at 12:01a ET on 5/24 ET for the 2020 WMR “Last Chance” Major at Grattan Raceway on 8/22, 8/23. Go to this http://wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com/ for event details and registration. The entry fee is $500 but there is a $75 “early bird” discount offered until 7/21.

As this event is sandwiched between the Cat National (Major) at Road America on 8/15, 8/16 and the PIRC Super Tour on 8/29, 8/30, we have no idea how many racers will actually be willing to attend this event. To that end, if we do not have 50 cars signed up by 7/21, we may be forced to cancel the event to avoid a big financial loss. So if you want this race to go on as scheduled, please sign up early. No credit cards will be charged until 8/15. All checks will be deposited after the event.

Also, to encourage folks to enter, we are offering a $50 credit to a WMR Club Racing event in 2021. That’s whether you attend in person or “substitute” our race through the SCCA program.

Grattan Raceway is a fantastic, challenging track and WMR is known for hosting a fun event. We will do every reasonably possible to make sure this event is run safely. All attendees (drivers, crew and workers) should feel safe coming to Grattan.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Email me directly at hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com.

Dayle

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:14 am
Bump w/ update.

So far the results are not encouraging. As of this writing (7/13), we only have 31 entries from 29 drivers. Only 11 since 6/17. This is an unsustainable path and we cannot hold the race as it would cause a HUGE financial loss for our small region.

I am told by folks at HQ that details of the "substitute" entry program will be released on 7/15 (same day registration opens for the Runoffs). If you can't make it to Grattan in person for the race weekend, we encourage everyone to support our event via this alternate path. It is the next best option for those who can't show up. We applaud SCCA Club Racing management for coming up with this idea as small regions like ours can enhance their revenue stream and host races that otherwise would not be held.

The WMR BoD met via conference call on 7/9 and we decided to extend the review window to 7/28. Our break even mark is roughly 85 entries. We will need to have roughly that number of entries from both paths (real and substitute) for us to hold the race. If we don't have that number by 7/28, the WMR BoD will discuss the matter and we may decide to cancel the event.

The ball is in the driver corps' court. If you want this event to happen, sign up with us at wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com or via the SCCA substitute program.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you have any questions.

Dayle Frame

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:15 am
Just as we have extended our window for evaluation of the car count, we are extending our "Early Bird" price discount to 7/28. Enter on or before 7/28 and get a $75 discount ($425). Enter after 7/28 and it's $500.

With only 56 cars entered, we are still on the fence about whether we can afford to host this race. PLEASE sign up now and help convince us that we need to go ahead with this event.

wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com

Dayle

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:16 pm
WMR has secured sponsorship of this event and this race will go on as scheduled. If you are on the fence about entering, feel confident that the event will not be cancelled. No payments will be collected now. Credit crads will be run on 8/15 and no checks will be deposited until after the race weekend.

I have extended the "Early Bird" registration to 11:59p on 7/31 (Friday). This will save you $75. You will also get a $50 credit to any WMR event in 2021.

Go to wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com to enter.

Please contact me offline at hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Dayle Frame
WMR Competition Manager

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 am
The SCCA's "substitute" entry program has been unveiled. WMR desperately needs entries for this race. While we would prefer everyone to attend in person, we know this is unrealistic. If you cannot attend in person, please consider "ghosting" this event. If you'd like to support WMR's Club Racing program, please follow the directions below to sign up for this event.

1. Go to the my.scca.com website.
2. Log into your account.
3. Click the "online store" tab and a pull down list will appear.
4. Choose the "Majors Substitute Entry" option.
5. In the "Location" box type "Grattan Raceway".
6. Our event should appear.
7. Click on the green button to the right that says "Go to Registration".
8. Choose your class, add it to the cart and pay for the event.

Its that simple. Thank you, in advance, and email me (hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com) if you have any questions.

Dayle Frame

Return to General Discussions