2020 ELITE GEN 2 TRIPLEHEADER - Real Prize Money!

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:44 pm
2020 ELITE GEN 2 TRIPLEHEADER

Elite Autosport is pleased to announce for the 2020 race season a special points challenge to support the dedicated drivers of the Gen 2 Spec Racer Ford and strengthen the existing commitment to the 1.9L cars. THIS WILL INCLUDE PRIZE MONEY!!!

The Tripleheader will be a Gen 2 only “mini championship” consisting of three race weekends, each hosting two sprints. These races will be part of the normal weekend racing schedule.

Select Race Weekends are as follows:

Firecracker Bonneau Double Divisional 27 -28 June Blackhawk Farms
Chicago Region Double Divisional 18 -19 July Blackhawk Farms
Fall Sprints 19-20 September Autobahn Country Club

Each sprint race (6) will count toward the Tripleheader points totals, with each driver’s five best points results being counted. There will be no series entry fee.

Points will be awarded in the CenDiv format, which awards points to the top 20 finishers.
Points breakdown - 25, 21, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
(GCR 3.7.2.D)

Prize Money Awards
Championship
1st $1500 2nd $700 3rd $500
Each Race (6)
1st $250 2nd $150 3rd $50

Each race will have random contingency prizes throughout the field and an award to the “Driver of the Race.” We will also have Podium and Trophy awards for Top 3 positions.

Prizes, contingency awards and series support are provided by:
Elite Autosport, Inc.
Bulldog Security Systems
SCCA Enterprises
Hoosier Tires
3E Designs

Update 2/28/20

Due to the world situation the Cendiv race schedule has hit some roadblocks but we are moving ahead with plans for great SRF racing this season and the good news is that the Gen 2 Tripleheader is still on !

With the cancellation of the Drivers School/Divisional weekend in April, the first race of the series has been moved to the Blackhawk June 27-28 event. The second will now be the Chicago Region Divisional at Blackhawk July 18-19 and the third race will continue on the same Autobahn weekend as first announced on September 19-20 .

Due to the health crisis the Milwaukee/BVR Majors at Blackhawk has been moved to the June 27-28 weekend. This event will now be very unique for Gen 2 cars as they will be racing at a Major event for Regional and Tripleheader series points.

The format will be a Saturday qualifier and race with a split start then Sunday a combined qualifying with completely separate races for Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars. We are expecting strong interest in this race weekend and we must attract at least 10 Gen 2 entrants for a good show.

If you plan to participate in the series please respond to his email so that we can plan properly and have driver information for our series records.
Email @eliteautosport@sbcglobal.net
Name
Chassis Number
Typical Car Number
Phone Number
If planning to run whole series or select events
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:22 pm
Registration is now open for Tripleheader race rounds 1 & 2 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on June 27 & 28. As noted earlier the Gen 2 class will officially have a stand alone race on Sunday !

As additional incentive to enter, build a strong field and make a great show all drivers entered with motorsportsreg by June 10 will be part of a random draw for a $500 SCCA Enterprises parts voucher.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/race-for-roses-majors-regl-bvr-milw-blackhawk-farms-raceway-scca-valley-604866
Chris B
Chicago Region

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 am
Just a reminder we have the first race next weekend. Know there are a few more entries that are working on getting their cars ready on time. We also have some of the old guard coming out to play.

Hope to see you out there.
Chris B
Chicago Region

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:00 pm
We had an amazing race a few weeks ago and shame on me for not doing updates. Everyone had a blast and looking forward for round 2 this upcoming weekend. I just got back from Road America flagging for IndyCar, but i put together the points standing from the results of races 1 and 2.

Remember we drop the lowest of our races so those wishing to join us have a chance for good standings in the championship. We would absolutely love to have you. I know had an amazing time racing fellow Gen 2 cars in our own stand alone races!

Clint Billimack 25 + 25 =50
Bill Douglas 21 +21 =42
Joshua Hansen 18 + 18 =36
Steve Nekich 17 + 16 =33
Steve Ross 15 + 17 =32
Chris Buccola 16 +15 =31
George Sanchez 13 + 14 =27
Jim Perry 14 + 13 =27
Dwayne Maroszek 12 + 12 =24
David De Bolt 11 + 11 = 22
Chris B
Chicago Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:29 pm
Congrats to Chris Buccola for his and Frankenspec's first podium. Chris finished third in SRF at Blackhawk on Sunday July 26. well done and well deserved.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm
Points Standing as of Event 2

Bill Douglas 84 pts
Clint Billimack 75 pts
Steve Nekich 68 pts
Steve Ross 64 pts
Chris Buccola 63 pts
Joshua Hansen 61 pts
Jim Perry 57 pts
Dwayne Maroszek 51 pts
George Sanchez 27 pts
David De Bolt 22 pts
Peter Jankovskis 17pts
Chris B
Chicago Region

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:52 pm
Just a reminder we have our final race weekend for the Gen 2 series next weekend at Autobahn Country Club!The Fall Classic on September 18-20 is the first time SCCA Road Racing has visited the Autobahn in 7 years and this will prove to be very competitive and exciting racing. This could be our biggest field yet.

There will be a test day on September 18th hosted by the Autobahn with registration at motorsportsreg. The cost will be $250 for 5 sessions which increases to $275 after September 10th.

The race weekend format will be similar to previous events. Saturday will be a combined Gen 2 & Gen 3 race with Sunday featuring stand alone races for each class. This is again a very unique opportunity for Gen2 racers to enjoy a stand alone race and go for an overall win !

We will once again have a trophy podium celebration, cash and contingency prizes throughout the field for each race and the overall series championship. We are expecting another strong showing for the entire SRF group so don’t miss this fast and fun event !!
Chris B
Chicago Region

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:43 pm
Series will return for 2021!!!
Chris B
Chicago Region

Return to General Discussions