Seeking AZ Spec Racers

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Hello - I had posted a while back that I had moved to the Phoenix area and a couple of fellow racers greeted me with messages. Those messages are unfortunately no longer posted. Hoping to find those guys again and make contact to get more info on the local racing here in AZ. Please PM me so we can make contact.

Thanks,
Steve J.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:14 pm
I will be out there in the end of October thru May and have been trying to decide if i should take the SRF out with me. So i would be interested to know also.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:13 am
Hi, I have made contact with a gentleman named Elliott who has been very gracious and answered a lot of questions for me. We hear that SCCA is working on restoring SCCA Road Racing to the area, more to come later I guess. Meanwhile other sanctioning bodies like ProAuto and NASA offer racing in the area.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:58 pm
I reached out a while back but sold my AZ SRF3 as of December and am now racing FE2 in the west.I do still have a SRF3 in Texas and will still be competing in the Southern division with that car. Elliot probably gave you the lowdown on Pro Auto and NASA. There are 4 cars including yours that I know of in AZ and one guy that keeps his car with Ray Larue in Colorado but he lives here in Scottsdale. Ray is our AZ CSR. Great guy always eager to help. Call him or Nikki.

Cheers,

Corey Condit
714-658-6291

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:42 am
Hello Corey, Thanks for reaching out again, I was trying to make contact with both you guys who had initially replied. Elliott had mentioned that you sold your AZ Spec Racer. Hope you are enjoying the FE.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:39 am
Thanks for the response i will make contact as the time gets closer would like to do some racing out there.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:51 pm
cjthedad wrote:Thanks for the response i will make contact as the time gets closer would like to do some racing out there.

Where are you located? Name?

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm
65roses wrote:Hello Corey, Thanks for reaching out again, I was trying to make contact with both you guys who had initially replied. Elliott had mentioned that you sold your AZ Spec Racer. Hope you are enjoying the FE.

Love the FE2. I'm heading to TX in July to get my SRF3 tuned up for 2021. Local racing with Pro auto is pretty good. The local formula ford guys are fun to run with. It's for fun so there is no overly aggressive driving unless they know and trust your ability. Mostly older guys. Racing with them has improved my driving over that last couple of years no doubt. They are faster in spots but you'll have better traction in other areas. So timing, passing and all out racing is a lot of fun with those guys.

I'll probably bring the FE2 out winter this year after I'm done with SCCA events for the year.

Return to General Discussions