SRF Model kit reproduction / update interest thread.

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 pm
I know there have been a lot wanting the old Renault/SRF model kit, and recently there has been a few that have made the rounds on this forum.

I wanted to let you know you are all in luck! I have a kit and will be doing direct resin castings of the kit and all the parts that go along with it. Casting will result in a much higher detail quality than 3D printed kit. Also with the way I am producing it you won't have to go thru the various processes that are needed for making a 3d printed model not have filament printing lines and other imperfections.

Some of you may know here that I go to "Cons," and do costuming or some nowadays call cosplay. Yeah laugh it up fuzz balls. :lol: I have had experience with using both methods for preproduction and I will almost take cast hands down everytime.

I wanted to gauge the interest of how many of you would be interested in the kit? The response is going to dictate the go ahead and to what we might do with it. There is an option for us do do a Full SRF update on the kit from is Renault version, this includes wheel arch cuts, tall boy hoop and we might even update the wheels to offer other options than the shelbys. If you don't want to paint too much the parts can be casted in various colors too.

I am having a friend helping me do the casting, this actually who his job is. He has recently had projects with objects you have most likely seen on screen in a certain LucasFilm TV project and others. Just wanted to convey there will be some true talent behind this.

So please if you are interested let me know and how many.

Price is TBD right now. The more ordered the lower it will be, but first need to gauge interest.
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:55 am
I note the Forum doesn't have a "polling" feature (at least I didn't find it)>

Perhaps if members used the following, Chris could sort out "production" with a spreadsheet:
inputs for srr model.jpg
inputs for srr model.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 9502 times

Zero not included as no response would be required if not interested.
Hope that I'm not out of line here Chis - Just expect you might get a wide range of inputs... :D

Cheers - Jim

As a side note - members could check eBay and note that resin kits can range from 40 buck to several hundred based on "rarity" and detail or topic.
When I used to fly, I was called an AVIATOR.
Now, I race cars. So, am I called a PAVIATOR?

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:53 pm
I have one of the original kits - It's available for $35 shipping withing CONUS included

Frank
fhc@doglickedracing.com
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 pm
There is one "Instant Price" point. Any others?

A while back, I saw one of these models (original) on eBay e run up to near $75. Just sayin' there can be a wide variation in pricing. I can understand what Chris is trying to sort out. And it makes me ask; "Is this a "Supply v. Demand", or is there some "original "art" consequence associated with an original vs a "replica"? Is there a market for all owners, CSRs, Regions/HQ as a trophy for Runnoffs?

Following logic of an original vs a "replica" through to semi-logical end, wouldn't a clean - "original" Sports Renault be worth more than a Gen 3? [Of course not! - I jest. That is about performance.] The model evokes something more intangible -- memories.

Perhaps for some racers, a model could be nice to have on the desk, at the office, or to pass along long after the "real car" has changed hands? So, how much would that be worth? I think something along the price of a new set of brake pads, or a couple of dinner dates out (steak, wine, dessert, etc), might be "ballpark". I can't say. But, perhaps more members here can.

Cheers - Jim
When I used to fly, I was called an AVIATOR.
Now, I race cars. So, am I called a PAVIATOR?

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:01 am
I just wanted to let everybody know that I have 6" long 3d printed models already available. I have only been making them for a little over a month now. The detail is very nice and the amount of finish work isn't that bad with a little sand paper and a cocktail.

They are very presentable straight off the printer if you don't care to paint it or have me do a fully detailed one to match your livery (within reason on complexity of course). Available in multiple colors as printed. As the attached photos show, I can pretty much match an paint scheme. I even cut small number and name decals. The small font is testing the capabilities of my vinyl cutter on the names but it still works.

I tried embedding a couple of photos in the thread but I could not get them to downsize enough to attach.

The price as printed is $125. Fully detailed and painted to match your car they are $250. So far everybody has been blown away with the quality of the finished and detailed product.

The order form is also in the following dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7h8ex2ane7dw ... 4OJwa?dl=0

You can also email me with questions at:

systematicdevelopmentllc@gmail.com

Thanks,
David Perkins
Spec Racer Sports
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:08 pm
Very nice!
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:37 pm
My brilliant wife asked David Perkins to build a model of my car as a birthday present. He does awesome work!
Attachments
Clifs model.jpg
Clifs model.jpg (97.04 KiB) Viewed 8128 times

Return to General Discussions