Viruses and Racing. A way you can help.

All things specracer!
Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:19 pm
To all drivers in all classes everywhere: as I am sure you are aware, there is a very high cost to putting on a race weekend, with the lion's share going to the track. No region wants to take a big loss because they decide to go forward and rent the track and then few drivers show up; there are some regions for which such a loss would be financially crippling. Here is my suggestion on how you can help during this very complicated year and I will use our April 16-19 CEN-DIV Drivers School/Divisional weekend as an example:

If your intention is that if the quarantine and group restrictions are lifted you will enter the drivers school and/or race, then don't wait until a week before the race to register. If everyone waits to do that, at the time the earlier go/no-go decision has to be made it will appear that there won't be enough entries and an event that could have been held will be lost. If the restrictions are not lifted and the event is cancelled you will not be charged so there is no cost to enter and send your message to the event organizers that you plan to attend. If you have no intention of entering regardless of the virus situation, then your non-registration provides a valuable message as well. Note: if you "might" race but don't register early, your message can only be taken as "I'm not coming" at the time the decision has to be made by the division.

Registering early for events around the country will be helpful to all regions planning races. Help out and register early this year. You will be doing your part to help the system function. And if you are planning on the CEN-DIV event April 16-19, NOW would be a great time to let us know by entering. :D

Return to General Discussions