Gen 2 fields in Florida and SE

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:06 pm
Thinking of joining the SRF family (race a BMW e36 M3 now) and curious if anyone has any idea appx how many Gen 2s are still running regionally in Florida and the southeast. The two main reasons I’m looking to move to this platform is I’ve usually got no one to race in class in FL and I’d like to contain costs/ get out of the upgraditis arms race and focus on driving. Plan would be to eventually convert to Gen 3 but hoping I could see a year or two of decent regional racing (meaning at least 2-4 other drivers to race against) while learning the platform and saving $$ for the conversion. Appreciate everyone’s input.

Adam

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 am
There were 8 SRF (Gen 2 cars) at the Sebring Turkey Trot a week ago.
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:44 pm
LeeHill wrote:There were 8 SRF (Gen 2 cars) at the Sebring Turkey Trot a week ago.

Lee beat me to that!

If you want to get a good "feel" for the fields - DLB Racing http://www.dlbracing.com/ has the entry lists for previous events. There were 21 Gen2 and 3 that weekend - and my old pokey Gen1-modified in SPU.

Cheers - Jim
When I used to fly, I was called an AVIATOR.
Now, I race cars. So, am I called a PAVIATOR?
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:51 pm
phantomjock wrote:
LeeHill wrote:There were 8 SRF (Gen 2 cars) at the Sebring Turkey Trot a week ago.

Lee beat me to that!

If you want to get a good "feel" for the fields - DLB Racing http://www.dlbracing.com/ has the entry lists for previous events. There were 21 Gen2 and 3 that weekend - and my old pokey Gen1-modified in SPU.

Cheers - Jim

Tell me more about Old Pokey!
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.

Return to General Discussions