Funk, Scharf and Davies go Head to Head

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:25 am
John Greene's info above is exactly correct; i did the numbers last year, thinking I'd really like a new car, but given what a really nice used car cost could not justify it.
The direction this is headed is great, no one better than Mike to make this not just happen, but be excellent after exploring and developing on all fronts.
And Clay, quit yer bitchin' ! You're starting to sound like Denny with a motor problem!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:02 am
Eh? My motor lost some weight at the last race weekend, so I'm good to go. Not sure what you're bellyachin' about, Kramer.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:19 am
Erik Skirmants wrote:All we can say is our thoughts on being accomodating. Most cars in SCCA accomodate a 180 to 200 pound driver max...to get to minimum weight. I DO think the SRF must accomodate a higher number. Between 200 and 240 is where my mind is. We will see where the car comes out with the new installation. It won't be exactly one pound off to one pound down until we get to the driver weight we think is fairest.

I might be 175 now, but last time I raced a SRF I was 220 pounds and I dare anyone to say I was fat / overweight. We accomodate real people...and still want the ladies and race car driver size men to have a great home here too!

I am 230 (probably 240 fully suited up - which I think puts me at about the 80-85th percentile) and am about 30-40lb overweight with an old car with lots of old fiberglass. The car could probably lose 20lb with fresh bodywork, and the driver really needs to lose 40lb. The fact that the car is overweight (with driver) just gives me more incentive.

If/when we tweak the weight, can we fix the fact that cool suit tanks do not count toward minimum weight. As this is counter to the practice in most other classes, where the weight is "as raced".
Bruce Funderburg
SEDiv SRF #4

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Hutch52
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:52 am
FWIW, I had a 84 vette, waited a year for the 4+3 manual tranny. The SRF is more fun, but has no cup holders, but neither did the vette. I drove it for 84,000 miles and sold it when I bought my first SR in February 1988. The HP is correct the 1984 model had "cross fire" throttle body, and in 85 the FI tuned port came into being.
Previous

Return to General Discussions