Feno's Back

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:02 pm
Without embarrassing Mike Feno, I wanted to start a string discussion from those who know Mike and help keep him in good and positive spirits while he is recuperating. For those who don't know, Mike recently underwent back surgery stemming from doing too much on his "honey-do-list" at home one day. He is and will be getting rehab on his back and my hope is for Mike to fight with us at the Fun One regional in September at the Glen. He is in alot of pain as of mid last week (loves those Percocets ;) ) and is restless about getting healthy. His wife Barb is doing a fantastic job keeping him from hurting himself further. He is a great competitor and I wanted to wish Mike all the best getting a strong back again so we can laugh at the end of each day after a hard drive wherever we are racing. If he can drive his regular car, he hopes to at least show up at the Glen National or the Glen regional at the end of July. Please wish Mike a speedy and complete recovery. It will be great to see the red #94 soon!
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:51 am
I spoke with Mike on Thursday and he's in good spirits and doing all the right stuff to ensure a full recovery. He mentioned to me that he's aiming to visit with us at the Glen July Sprints Regional the end of July. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm eager as well to seeing you back out there this season after surgery, Mark. So, while we're on the subject, let's all wish Mark the best with his recovery from surgery this past spring.

We gotta those Spec Racer car counts back up in these parts...
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am
Thanks Bob and it was great to see you and all those at the Glen regional at the end of May. I plan to race Nelsonring at the Westward Ho regional later in June. With Walsh being the chief steward, how can it be any better? ;) Hope to see Mike "crewing" for us at the Glen regional in July...
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:45 pm
Get well soon Mike, you are too young to be lying around not racing.
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:13 am
I'm finding out that retirement is a tough gig and I'm cutting back in view of Mike's injury!
Mike, follow doctor's orders and don't rush the healing process.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:02 pm
Cutting back on activities, expenditures, risks or all of the above?

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:10 pm
Mike, get better soon! No more house repairs or skiing! I will miss our pre-race breakfast chats at the Blue Ribbon Diner (until you are back in form).
Bill
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:41 pm
Enzo, just cutting back on home repairs. You know you can hit your thumb with a hammer doing home repairs and that really hurts! Still staying active in firefighting. Just can't do without that adrenaline rush.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. It is amazing how a little thing like back surgery(double laminectomy and fusion) can make you follow doctor's orders like no bending, lifting or twisting for a long time. Like most (all) of you, sitting around doing nothing is not my style, but I'm struggling to do it. In case the doctor didn't use Loc-tite on the six screws connecting the four rods he installed on my vertebrae, Chris Pluta has generously offered to re-torque them after every session when I get out again.
As many of you know by now, Mark went through some tough times himself, and is too anxious to get back to racing. The humor here is that we have been giving each other the same advice about not rushing the healing process. I hope we both are out on the track with the rest of you before the season ends.

Return to General Discussions