Joining in the fun....

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm
Hi all,

I just bought SRF #175 and thought I would introduce myself here.

My name is Dan Ibrahim from Peoria, IL and I've been racing in Spec Miata with Midwestern Council and sometimes SCCA and NASA. I started in 2006 with a Spec Renault (#314) then switched to SM in 2008 due to the class size becoming too small. Feeling the need to get back to a 'real' race car, and having enjoyed the driving experience in the SR, I chose to go to SRF as my next step. Plan is to run the MC test and tune at Blackhawk Farms this Saturday, and then the race on Sunday. I still have the Miata - so it will still see some track time too!

Lots to learn with the new car - cannot wait to get started.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at races later this year!

Dan
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:34 am
Hello Dan,

Welcome to the midwest SRF community. If you have not already done so, I would recommend reaching out to our CSR Beau Martin at Elite Autosport for any parts or work you need done on your car:
http://www.eliteautosport.com/

I hope to see you at one of the MC races in October. I will be driving my blue #6 in the Autobahn race at the start of the month and at the Long Race near the end of the month.

Peter J
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 am
Welcome, Dan --

If you ever make it to the Northeast, stop by the blue #73 and say "hi!"

Happy Racing!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:00 pm
Welcome to SRF. Don't forget that St. Louis is a short tow from Peoria and we have a Regional/National race weekend scheduled for late July. We usually have decent fields of SRF (10 this past weekend) and have fun, competitive races.

Ed Smith
SRF 755

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:34 pm
Thanks all!

I've known Beau at Elite since I owned by SR way back when. He also brokered the deal on my recent purchase - and has certainly been his usual helpful self ever since! Thanks Beau!

Return to General Discussions