Racing suit recommendation...

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:56 pm
Great suggestion on where to find cheap Carbon-X, Dan. I'm about to buy another set so that'll save me some dough.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am
In the last 5 years I've had a Sparco, OMP, Alpine Stars, and a Stand 21. The OMP is by far the best quality suit there is of those 4. After that I would go Sparco, then Alpine Stars and then Stand 21. Sparco is just a step below the OMP on quality. Alpine stars is good quality but the fit left much to be desired. They seem to only make suits for skinny little european open wheel punks. Not us a fuller cut American type. Stand 21 is just crap quality, the threads aren't good and they just look dingy and dirty immediatly out of the bag. The only plus on the Stand 21 is they breath nice so on a hot day it's great, but a cold day you'll freeze your butt off.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:24 am
THop wrote:In the last 5 years I've had a Sparco, OMP, Alpine Stars, and a Stand 21. The OMP is by far the best quality suit there is of those 4. After that I would go Sparco, then Alpine Stars and then Stand 21. Sparco is just a step below the OMP on quality. Alpine stars is good quality but the fit left much to be desired. They seem to only make suits for skinny little european open wheel punks. Not us a fuller cut American type. Stand 21 is just crap quality, the threads aren't good and they just look dingy and dirty immediatly out of the bag. The only plus on the Stand 21 is they breath nice so on a hot day it's great, but a cold day you'll freeze your butt off.

Wasn't one of your OMP suits from Compass360 a bit ill-fitting at the first race from a mixed up measurement? Or was that Adam's?

Those suits were phenomenal though. Kevin's still looks great after a few years and some dirt racing mixed in.
Joe Cooley
Circuit Motorsports

Novice Typer
Novice Typer

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 pm
Yes Joe, that was Adam's. I think the Italians wanted him to fit in over there ;-) My suit fit perfect and I still wear it for club stuff. Although it doesn't match the SRF so I've pulled the Alpine stars suit out of retirement.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:26 pm
OMP suits are the best. The high end suits will last for years and are lightweight. Just throw them in the washer with cold water and hang dry. Easy but you may have to spend >$1000+

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
None
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:00 pm
Update: I decided to go with an OMP suit. The decision was primarily based on user feedback, as I got far more "I love it" comments on OMP vs other brands. At the end of the day, it probably really is all about user preference and suit fit, much like helmets.
Even better, I was able to get good deal from fellow SRF driver ( contact Race Suit Rental for pricing details ), which always helps!
I'll try to post pictures when I get some, but the suit ( OMP size 60 ) definitely fits much better than my old G-Force one.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
753, 674
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/LindellMotorsports
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:03 pm
mhart073 wrote:I was able to get good deal from fellow SRF driver ( contact Race Suit Rental for pricing details ), which always helps!

Thanks for the business and enjoy your new OMP One Evo Suit.

We are an authorized dealer for: OMP, OMP Sport, Pyrotect, Bell Racing, NecksGen and Cool shirt products so please contact me for any of your safety gear needs.

David@racesuitrental.com
www.RaceSuitRental.com
Previous

Return to General Discussions