All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:01 am
peterjank wrote:Mid Ohio test day for June Double National, 4 sessions $400.
Road America test day for June Sprints, 2 sessions $325.

And then there's always the Runoffs. :)
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 am
Portland is going to be $400 for all day.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm
Rich, get your ass down here and do the test day. Stop whining. A retired banker -give me a break I'm outing you rights here- carping about a few shekels for five sessions for less than three Franklins? You want relative value? So, yesterday, the SF Region had only 7 flaggers for the "Ferrari Challenge"at Laguna and I got tapped to cover flags at turn 9 single handed; this is what I observed:

1) A run group of only one car - not sure what it was exactly (it was red) but - and here is the salient point- it had 3-40 minute sessions ALL BY ITSELF. What did that cost? And by the way, it never hit the race line.

2) The 458 Challenge: We could have bailed out Greece for what this cost, and the world would have been a better place. A seemingly unending parade of non-red Ferrari's all factory race prepped, all I guess rented, and most ......hey whatever....in parade lap mode. They never hit the race line either. Finally one (and only one- they are very dainty) went off at 9 exit, and after extrication race control wanted to know if we should have a surface flag. My com responds, "no, there is gravel only on the race line and will not be a problem to this group".

3) An F-1 Ferrari (ex- Barrachello 2003 car) circulating at 1.07 is an awesome sight and SOUND to behold. I swear the track surface compressed at the corkscrew exit.

4) And finally, I have never been more proud to be able to drive a low tech but real race car along side real racers on a real race track. And pretenders suck.

Breton and I are baching it in his MH (our wives will be eschewing hydrocarbon consumption in Yosemite-totally a bogus precept is you've even watched your gas gauge on Old Priest Grade Road) and I'll be selecting some serious Northern Rhones for Syrah fans everywhere.

Laguna? Summer? Four days? A pulse? What is the issue here?
tony
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 am
Tony,

OK, I got over it. Hey what's a thousand bucks for racing fees and a practice day when I can have the fun of watching the back of your car for 45 plus race laps! Batching with Breton? That's good for at least another half second off your lap times ...

My college buddy, Russ, will be in town - we'd be happy to go find some Tablas Creek to share with the crowd.

Rich
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:53 pm
Five sessions last Friday with a mix of cars at Thunderhill for $200. Funniest part is that I would climb all over the Porsches in the corners, so they kept pointing me by once they were back on the straight (on full throttle of course) and came by after the session wondering why I didn't pass them down the straight! Err, I have 100hp...
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:18 pm
I love it at those NASA deals when the Porsche guys come over and ask "what do you have in that thing?" And then go away hanging their heads.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:49 pm
Here is the unofficial schedule for SRF activities at the Spec Racer Ford Festival Laguna Seca 7th thru 10th:

Thursday: test day- 5 SRF sessions

Friday:
P1 9:45 +/-
Q1 2:35

Saturday:
R1 1:05
Q2 3:40

Sunday:
R2 9:10
Podium and Sonoco/TH cash awards 9:45
SRF Festival cash awards 10:30 (at CSR trailer)
R3 3:50 (Spec Racer Festival bonus race)
Trophies immediately afterwards

The podium and awards draws (except the 10:30 Sunday at CSR) will be adjacent to, and not in, Impound this time. Look for a directory sign as you come down off track. If you get a regular go-to-jail impound instruction, don't worry, you still can win a drawing even though you are not present.

Why are our numbers so low?

tony

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:53 pm
Oregon is bringing 7 - 9 cars down. Looking forward to the weekend.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 pm
The Laguna race conflicts with Cal Club's race at Fontana.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:47 pm
bob gardner wrote:The Laguna race conflicts with Cal Club's race at Fontana.

This probably deserves a thread of its own. In the SF region magazine, there were a couple "columns" talking about Rationals and Nationals.
http://www.sfrscca.org/images/2012/Wheel/twmay2012_final_02.pdf They have a strange way of generating their PDF, so it is on PDF Page 4.
Anyway, this pretty much reflects our region's behavior...
Dave Harriman
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions