TMS Double Rational/Majors next weekend!

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:37 pm
All,
The Texas Motor Speedway double rational/majors weekend is coming up and only 18 of you are on the list so far! ;)
So far the registration list is a who's who of MWDIV and SOWDIV SRF's, including (by my count) at least 6 drivers who have won races at TMS before. I'd love to see the list climb back up towards 30 where it stayed for the first 5+ years of the annual Sunburn GP at TMS. If you're on the fence, please hop off and into the car for this one.

The majors program is going very well so far with the Hallett races featuring a podium each day made up of one driver from each of the divisions (RMDIV, MWDIV, SOWDIV). Just how they wrote it up! 8-)
This will be the first "Invitational" weekend and we should all support the event so that we give this Majors pilot program a very fair shake.
So far my only complaint is that there haven't been sponsors signed on until now, but TMS has the first including CDS. Hopefully we will see an increase in sponsors as I know this would add some "pop" to the weekend and potentially entice more folks to come out. TMS will also feature the first "extra track time" schedule including timed practice Fri afternoon and a qualifying race Sunday morning for the Sunday race. Cool!

If that isn't enough for you, I have heard a wonderful rumor that Doug Azzarito, of DUHHH fame, will be back in the saddle this weekend. It may or may not be his last event... I'm hoping not... but I'm sure he'd love to see everyone out there with us. We are planning to host a SRF soiree in his honor on Saturday night with BBQ, etc. Logistics are still being discussed (so far it's me, Perkins, and Dalrymple - contact one of us if you want to help!).

Get off the couch, throw those old GY's on, and get down to Dallas for this event. We have awesome garages, it's a beautiful facility, the competition will be top notch, drafting is a blast, and I can promise you one thing... you will learn this track in about 3 laps. ;) I lost to Robey Clark by .012 seconds I believe a couple of years back so close finishes are certainly not unheard of.

Hope to see you all out there!
Oh yeah, motorsportreg.com is your huckleberry for registration.

Denny

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:56 pm
Good work, Denny...we're up to 21 now! More, more!
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 pm
Well, the rumor of me returning is true (unless it rains! :lol: ). This will be my last race, unfortunately. I can't beat the disease, and I can't survive the treatment, so I'm going to have to take it easy from now on. My brother is flying in from Cali to crew for me, so I can concentrate on racing.

OK, help me out - which competitors have been to runoffs? I'm going to aim for the top non-runoffs finisher (yes, they have a special award for that). Normally, I'd go for the win (my car loves this track), but I'm not at 100%, so I'll let any runoffs racer by - everyone else, WATCH OUT!

So Denny, you can learn the track in 3 laps? What were you doing in those first 2 laps? You can learn MOST of the track in NO time (FOOT ON FLOOR!) The rest is MAX BRAKE, dodge dive-bombers, get foot back on floor!).

This has also got to be the most racing we've ever had in one SOWDIV weekend (not including enduro). Running a race for qual on Sunday sounds like a hoot. Oh yeah, victory laps SAT & SUN! Maybe I will try & get me one of those.

BBQ Saturday? Sounds like fun! I'll have to bake some cornbread (good for at least a tenth of a second per lap).
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:01 am
Ok... Weather is looking great! I may not even put my rains on the trailer (jinx!!!).
We are planning to have a get-together for Doug Saturday evening. We will grill some good food and have beer and drinks. Please raise your virtual hand and let us know if you will be joining us for the gathering. I will be buying food etc on saturday and Dave Perkins and Dalrymple will be grilling. Donations will be accepted. :)
If you are interested in helping out in some other way please let me know.
Dennystripling at gmail.
I hope to see all the srf's and their crew/families there!!!!
Denny

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 am
as you know...IN!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm
I hadn't read the supps closely until now... With the Sunday morning race grid set by Saturday's best race lap time, the only "race for the grid" we'll ahve to do is Saturday morning :-)

Sadly I'm working right up until I pick up my family and hit the road Friday so I'll see you folks first thing Saturday morning.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:58 pm
pmiranda wrote:With the Sunday morning race grid set by Saturday's best race lap time, the only "race for the grid" we'll ahve to do is Saturday morning :-)

I like that. If something happens to screw up a good finish in Saturday's race, hit the box, slap on a set of red's and go out on a clean track and blister a lap for tomorrow's pole.

H.(backmarkers can win, too)B.

Return to General Discussions