COTA-AKA Austin F1 Seating

All things specracer!

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Hutch52
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:50 am
@Denny and Speed5racer it seems like almost no one who really follows F1 knows anything about this nauseating shakedown. Like Speed5 we have been pretty loyal F1 attendee's (heck I even went to Phoenix) but these guys whose primary business is dealing with FB stadiums don't know the fan base.

As far as general admission, there will be tickets available for first come/first served but no reserve seating. So get there early and don't move or you'll lose your seat. In all the F1 races I have gone to dating to '85 the FIA makes non-grandstand vision very limited. In Monza the kids climb the trees for example. There were some earthen berms at Indy. Don't know about COTA, but they'll go fast. We have paid plane reservations and hotel already, so we'll take our chances, but this will be the one and only time unless they change their policy.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 am
I had a real nice discussion with the COTA sells representive. Our plans were to go to Austin for the F1 races...just like we went to Indy for those. As it was stated before you need to buy a PSL for each seat. That PSL allows you to purchase event tickets (F1, Aussie V8, concerts, etc.) for the next 15 years. So we would be talking about $7K to $10K for two turn one tickets. There will not be any infield tickets...the folks running this assume the everyone will sit in there seats to watch everything thing (like NASCAR). You can wait until the "general tickets" go on sale in late August. The problem is COTA has reserved +75% of the hotel rooms in the Austin area for there PSL ticket holders. The rooms you can get (Fairfiled Inn) are charging 5X the room rate...because they can. We will be watch the first Austin F1 race from home.
Previous

Return to General Discussions