SRF to SR3 in 2013

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm
I guess the 3 pound reduction request for the tail is a semi-official done deal. I'm going to cut a 3 pound hole right over the fuel filler so we don't have to pull it for enduros- that'd be legal, right?
tony

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:15 pm
Anthony Tabacco wrote:I guess the 3 pound reduction request for the tail is a semi-official done deal. I'm going to cut a 3 pound hole right over the fuel filler so we don't have to pull it for enduros- that'd be legal, right?
tony

I like that idea :D
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:05 pm
Maybe because the new tails are coming out too light?
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:10 pm
Only unitl the first time they get crashed... :lol:
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:05 am
dave wrote:
peterjank wrote:The thinking that we are a feeder series for the faster spec racer groups may have been part of the reason that the Board decided it would be ok to put us together with s2000 at the 2011 RunOffs.

Maybe they figure if they can combine FE and FM, putting S2000 into CS3 will work. [:)]

Seriously though, if the objective is to have all the sports racer classes designated as "CSx", where does S2000 fit into the picture (didn't see anything in Fastrack)?

Dave

Dave you did not read far enough.
S2 as a national class goes away. Current S2s get to upgrade to Euro Spec S2, and they get folded into the "new DSR" aka *working title* SR2. They got thrown a bone to maybe be regional only class.

Wrt "stepping stone classes" I think we are long past even believing or preaching to ourselves or actually creating any kind of a ladder system. There is way too much competition in just about any area to think that SCCA can have (or even should have) a 100% self contained ladder system to take Kids from Karts thru F1 or SRF thru LMP1 at LeMans, SM thru Trans Am/GT1. People gravitate to classes they like and damn few actually, consciously, plan to move thru what they might consider "up" thru various classes.
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am
dave wrote:Maybe because the new tails are coming out too light?

We have a winner! Having close calls with "innocent" new tail owners finding they have under weight tails is bad. We debated with the CSR's if we should drop the weight last year and finally pulled the trigger this year. If you can drive the difference in 3 pounds, congrats...Davies says he cannot. Also we had several items increase the car weight, a pound here and a pound there, so the super sensative can get 3 pounds back here if it makes them feel better.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm
Great!
I was sneaking up on it. Now...back to the ice cream.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 pm
I think Erik and Mike just want to see us all with rashes, scratching away at the first event!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 pm
steve kramer wrote:I think Erik and Mike just want to see us all with rashes, scratching away at the first event!

shhhhhhhhhh! You have your fun with us...our turn?
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm
Todd SRF73 wrote:People gravitate to classes they like and damn few actually, consciously, plan to move thru what they might consider "up" thru various classes.

My rationale is it is easier for the uninitiated to understand.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions