All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 am
Maybe that rear part is new. :P I believe the body pin part is pretty recent, too.

I believe the P.O. of one of our cars was dq'ed from a win because of this very thing.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 am
steve kramer wrote:
jim flynn wrote:Greg, I have seen people lose their tail during a race and during the cool down lap stop and re-attach it. Then motor slowing to the scales.

which is not a legal move, as the car must be legal when it crosses the finish line, not after the cool off lap...

I believe the rule reads that the car will be weighed as it leaves the racing surface. Or at least 3 years ago it did. I tried to save a customer a couple of years ago at Hallett where I drove through the infield to retrieve the tail. We put it back on the car in the pit lane which is still part of the racing surface. We almost pulled it off but after much head scratching and discussion the stewards finally figured out the only way to disallow the tail from the weight was the fact that the tail was transported through a "non controlled area". I had no defense to that so my advice from then on is to stop on the cool down lap to collect your parts if you can. Denny should remember that one.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
CSR for the Midwest Division
The original online SRF parts source.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 am
specdoc wrote:
steve kramer wrote:
jim flynn wrote:Greg, I have seen people lose their tail during a race and during the cool down lap stop and re-attach it. Then motor slowing to the scales.

which is not a legal move, as the car must be legal when it crosses the finish line, not after the cool off lap...

I believe the rule reads that the car will be weighed as it leaves the racing surface. Or at least 3 years ago it did. I tried to save a customer a couple of years ago at Hallett where I drove through the infield to retrieve the tail. We put it back on the car in the pit lane which is still part of the racing surface. We almost pulled it off but after much head scratching and discussion the stewards finally figured out the only way to disallow the tail from the weight was the fact that the tail was transported through a "non controlled area". I had no defense to that so my advice from then on is to stop on the cool down lap to collect your parts if you can. Denny should remember that one.

Steve: your memory is getting faulty...that was me and Jimmy! And it was my fault that his tail was missing to some extent, but he went for it when I was sliding sideways!

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:41 pm
SK, You are so right about that being you not Denny. My mother has early stages of dimensia at age 88 maybe I need to look in the mirror at 57.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
CSR for the Midwest Division
The original online SRF parts source.
Previous

Return to General Discussions