2016 runoffs Mid-Ohio

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:45 pm
I am hoping they take a bold move and give us an indication how they would tackle this issue.
Personally, I would like to see a proactive approach for two reasons.

(One) to take into consideration how the outcome of the race might be compromised by allowing too many cars on this track size. {based even on the 70 car entry level at Daytona and the distinct possibility that it could be larger at Mid-Ohio}.

(Two) upfront encourage both classes to participate and compete, which should be in the best interest of both Scca and the drivers. Gen 2 has been around for several years and has been good for club racing. Why not allow the class to go out with a bang, if there is sufficient interest?

I expressed in my request some kind of a guide or range of entries that would justify splitting up the two classes in order to maximize participation, while not jeopardizing the outcome of the races. For example, It seems reasonable to ask, would they allow 65 cars on the track at one time based on the current guide of 55? If the answer was no, I think we could reasonably assume in advance that there would be a split. They are considering the request today, as it has been referred. It will be interesting to see if they in deed punt as Todd predicted.

Pat
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:37 pm
goolsbey wrote:I am hoping they take a bold move and give us an indication how they would tackle this issue.
Personally, I would like to see a proactive approach for two reasons.

(One) to take into consideration how the outcome of the race might be compromised by allowing too many cars on this track size. {based even on the 70 car entry level at Daytona and the distinct possibility that it could be larger at Mid-Ohio}.

(Two) upfront encourage both classes to participate and compete, which should be in the best interest of both Scca and the drivers. Gen 2 has been around for several years and has been good for club racing. Why not allow the class to go out with a bang, if there is sufficient interest?

I expressed in my request some kind of a guide or range of entries that would justify splitting up the two classes in order to maximize participation, while not jeopardizing the outcome of the races. For example, It seems reasonable to ask, would they allow 65 cars on the track at one time based on the current guide of 55? If the answer was no, I think we could reasonably assume in advance that there would be a split. They are considering the request today, as it has been referred. It will be interesting to see if they in deed punt as Todd predicted.

Pat

Oh CRB did punt on advise from BoD liaisons :D
Club Racing will be addressing they are well aware of the potential to exceed cars/mile.
I think the SRF community (SRF and SRF3) will be pleased.
Stay tuned.

Todd Butler
Area 13 Director (for 26 more days).
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:37 pm
Todd, it seems like your prophecy might be at hand.

Pat

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:50 pm
Here is a portion of the response that I received from Club Racing.

"The intended plan and preliminary schedule for 2016 is that SRF (Gen 2) will have its own qualifying sessions and race separate and apart from SRF Gen 3. We expect that these will be two of our largest groups. At the current standard of 25/cars per mile, that would allow 56 cars on course. That number could be increased approximately 10%, bringing the limit to 62 per group"

I was happy to hear the news. Now we need to do what we can to justify this plan, as it will depend on the number of entries we have in each class. Gen 2 for example, could well be combined with another class or classes.

Pat
Previous

Return to General Discussions