Better Hope It Doesn't Rain

All things specracer!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 pm
I spoke with Goodyear Tire East today to arrange for tires for the double national next week at VIR. They do not expect to have rain tires for me but put me on the list of guys looking for tires. Since they are also servicing the national at New Hampshire, I don't doubt that the demand is high but this is a problem. Kimberly told me on Erik's behalf that I shouldn't worry because the drivers that have raced so far have agreed to allow last year's tires .Well, if 3/4s of the field (mostly southeast guys not running their first event of the season) have the new tires, I'm wondering whether those of us without will be so indulged. From what I've heard, my still new rain tires from last year are much faster than the new tires. I've also heard that on the last CSR call, the unavailability of rain tires was identifed as no longer an issue. I'm working to make arrangments to have tires shipped from elsewhere in the country, at additional expense, but they may or may not be available. Anyone got an extra set they can bring to VIR?

Michael Hausknecht (NE#60)
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm
As Michael should know now this is incorrect...order your tires. Goodyear is short on ALL road racing areas, but VIR rains won't be one of them. New rains only will be legal and allowed, call Comp Tire East to order. D2626 only.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:04 pm
Erik,
No offense, but I spoke with them today. They took my name but don't expect to have tires for me. If the guy I spoke to at Comp Tire East is wrong, good. I don't know why you think you know better, but I'm ok if you do. I just wish I could feel more confident before starting my 650 mile drive next Tuesday evening.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:25 pm
No offense taken...i cheated...they are now going to take and protect all VIR orders. Adjustments may need to be made elsewhere ;) Pat was going to try to reach you...
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 pm
Erik, when you say the VIR orders will be protected, that doesn't mean the NH guys are going to lose out on this, does it?
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 pm
Pat wants to make final decisions Monday...and since many factors and issues are in play here; I am going to say "please respect the process and be patient". (It is possible that NHIS could run on the old rains and we would then try to help anyone without a good set to use - if even needed).
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am
Erik is on top of things again. I just got a call from Competition Tire East assuring me that they will have rain tires for me and anyone else at VIR who needs them. Thank you Erik for taking care of your flock.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 pm
Well, if it does rain at NH, and the new rains don't show, I hope they bring a lot of olds (for free), since I don't have any of the old anymore.
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:47 pm
New thread for NHIS...
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Return to General Discussions