BFG Super Tour Double National @ Buttonwillow

All things specracer!

Former Specracer National Champion

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 am
I know it is just a few short weeks away but coming up at the end of the month is the annual Cal Club Double National that is part of the BFG Super Tour for the 2nd year in a row. SRF has it's own group for the whole weekend. I repeat, no FF, no FV no other cars, just SRF!!!!

I see we have a couple of Northern California drivers entered which is awesome to see. It majorly stinks that a Laguna Seca double regional got put on top of this traditional Cal Club date. Not all drivers travel out of region, but those that do travel AND chase SFR regional points are kind of stuck with their hands tied :(

There will be live timing for the event for all of your friends and fans throughout the world to see. Also, don't forget about the podium celebration with champagne spraying.

See you all there!

Mike Miserendino
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:36 pm
Hey Mike,

Forecast is showing rain possible over next weekend's double National. With rain tires in short supply these days from Goodyear, do you know if there will be enough available for the race weekend? if not is their a waiver for running to old spec tire?

Paul
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:49 pm
Mike,
A lot of SFR's schedule is driven by dates that Laguna Seca and Sears Point give us. Then worker support dates for pro events have to be factored in. Once you get beyond that, I have never understood why SFR, Cal Club, Portland and, now NW (with their new track) can't coordinate dates better. Not only do we conflict with you, but Portland has a race next weekend, too. Last time I checked we only had 14 SRF's for a race at Laguna. That is unheard of.
Hopefully, the June date at LS doesn't conflict with you guys and we'll see you up here.
Bob

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:51 pm
Well good news, I went ahead and ordered up some better weather so the rain should not even be a factor!

Bob- The Laguna Double is on top of the AAA Speedway weekend again this year. Only thing different this year is that the AAA Speedway race is now a Double Rational. National points and GY tire contingencies win out over Laguna this year.

I understand scheduling is very difficult, especially when it comes to pro tracks. The thing in my mind that stinks is that the So Pac dates NEVER change. Ok, I shouldn't say never, but the core races never change. The double national at BRP is always the last weekend in April. SF dates move around each year. Case in point is the Double National at Thill in March. In the early 2000s era it never conflicted with a Cal Club race. But in the past 5-6 years it has been on top of the Cal Club race, one week before, one week after and now this year it was 2 weeks before.

I understand that not all racers are going to travel. Heck, there are some Cal Club racers that never travel out of region. That is ok! There is nothing wrong with that! What IS wrong is that racers are not even given a choice to travel out of region due to the constant conflicts! Of the 9 SF region races held this year, 4 conflict with Cal Club races :(

Anyway, sorry for the rant. As indicated in Erik's post about the passing of Andy Porterfield, we will be racing with heavy hearts though. We will do what Andy would have wanted us to do, keep on racing.

Mike Miserendino

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:16 pm
Amen Mike. I have given up a long time ago competing in the whole SFR regional series and pick events that I want to do. After 2 years racing in SEDiv races, I am voting with my money and going to the Buttonwillow National races. See you there. Wave as you whistle by. :)
Bob
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 pm
Sorry, Mike and Bob, I was not trying to defend SFR. I understand the issues they have with trying to get dates at Laguna and Sears Point and to coordinate all that with dates for the works. The fact is the two tracks and the pro's impact our scheduling. That said I do not understand why the 3 RE's can't sit down together and coordinate a schedule. As someone who travels I would like to see 2 weeks between races for time to turn the car, motorhome and travel. But that is my ideal world.
Just be happy we aren't in other parts of the country, with few options.
You guys have a good time down there.
Bob

Return to General Discussions