May Madness Double Regional at Watkins Glen

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 pm
Forwarded message from the Glen Region Race Chair:

"Greetings Northeast Division Drivers and Crews!

The Glen Region would like to inform you of an event that we've added to our schedule at WGI this year.

"May Madness", a double regional, will be held on May 26/27. The weekend will also be a MARRS event. A Promoter's Test day will be held on May 25. As usual, there will be a social gathering on Saturday night, but if you'd like to meet/greet/thank some of the workers, there will be a dish-to-pass dinner at the worker campground on Friday at 7 pm. If interested, contact me for details.
Registration for the event is available at Motorsportsreg.com. The supps are also available at the site.
As always, please remember to bring a donation of canned cat food to support the local humane society. Details are in the supps.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

In the Spirit of the Sport,

Cheryl Zebrowski, DVM
Chair, Glen Region Club Racing Board
Co-Chair, "May Madness"
Chair, "Last Chance"
SCCA Grid Marshal
Glen Region Activities Director"

-----------------------------
As it stands now the plan is to race Saturday on the long course and Sunday on the short course.
If registration isn't open yet it will be very soon.

Hope to see you there!
Elizabeth Miller
fast cars, slow food
WDCR Asst. Race Chair, Competition

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 pm
This will probably be a great event. Unfortunately, due to the scheduling genius of NESCCA, it is the same weekend as the only double national in the Division, at Nelson Ledges. Both events will suffer and those of us who would race in both events, if we could, cannot. How does this happen?

Michael Hausknecht (NE#60)

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:47 pm
It's really aggravating, isn't it? The short answer is that there are too many sanctioning bodies competing for a limited resource. Think about it: how many weekends a year can Watkins Glen run? How many car clubs want to run on those weekends? It's relatively easy for all the regions in the division to get together and say "okay, you guys have this weekend, you other guys have that weekend", but when you try to mesh that with track rentals, well... good luck. The track owners have their own schedules. There are just too many variables.

If we could get a representative from every region and a representative from every track together in one room at the same time, we could make it work... if SCCA were the tracks' only customer.

Believe me, it's a big headache for all the regions, too. Not just because it affects the quality of racing, but because it affects the bottom line. And if we want to go racing we have to respect the bottom line.

I gotta say, before this year I had no idea how complicated it is to put on a race meeting. As a result, I have a new standard: if I'm not willing to act, I won't complain.
Elizabeth Miller
fast cars, slow food
WDCR Asst. Race Chair, Competition
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:41 pm
Isn't it the same weekend as the double regional at NHMS for NARRC points?

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:27 am
Yes it is!
Dave Mailhot
SRF #55 NER
PixelMEDIA Racing

Return to General Discussions