Randy Pobst has jumped the shark

All things specracer!
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:30 pm
Don't believe me? Check out his column in the May 2012 Sport Car mag. This one is going to get him in trouble for sure! :lol:
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am
You have the May edition? Doesn't April come after March???
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:23 pm
Dear SCCA Member:

The May 2012 edition of SportsCar® Magazine is now available online.

This issue marks the first time ever that SportsCar is exclusively available online, allowing for more content and shorter lead time on editorial. This means more extensive coverage from the SCCA National Convention than ever before, as well as feature articles on radial slick tires and how to evaluate shock dyno results. The typical departments and reports are also in this issue.

The next paper copy of SportsCar will be the June 2012 cover date issue, set to begin mailing April 13.

To access the issue, please go to http://www.sportscarmag-digital.com/sportscar/201205. You will be prompted to log in to your SCCA membership account to access the entire magazine. Once in your profile online, you can access the current SportsCar issue in the upper-right corner of your profile. This month's issue is only available digitally to SCCA members.

You can find all past issues of SportsCars available digitally, including March's New Member Guide, from the menu once you have accessed this month's magazine.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:31 pm
You will be prompted to log in to your SCCA membership account to access the entire magazine. Once in your profile online, you can access the current SportsCar issue in the upper-right corner of your profile. This month's issue is only available digitally to SCCA members.

I wonder if the club pays extra to have their sites be cluttered and user-unfriendly. It would be hard to do a "better" job if they tried...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:33 pm
Duhhh wrote:Don't believe me? Check out his column in the May 2012 Sport Car mag. This one is going to get him in trouble for sure! :lol:

you got me to read it!
That is a bit out there...but fine. His ex is/was a hottie.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 pm
As far as the Randy article goes, it seems like a lot of things that are politically incorrect in the corporate world are accepted / expected in racing...
Dave Harriman

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:05 pm
I'll get angry about it later in the year... I'm 4 months behind on all my magazines.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/​jerry.aplass
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:00 pm
dave wrote:
You will be prompted to log in to your SCCA membership account to access the entire magazine. Once in your profile online, you can access the current SportsCar issue in the upper-right corner of your profile. This month's issue is only available digitally to SCCA members.

I wonder if the club pays extra to have their sites be cluttered and user-unfriendly. It would be hard to do a "better" job if they tried...

I agree with Dave, the SCCA website has to have won the WWW (World's Worst Website) award - very confusing to say the least. If someone with even a casual interest in the club goes to the web site all they would find is frustration (and maybe a shark jump) ;) ...
Jerry Aplass SRF #204
San Francisco Region
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:19 pm
dave wrote:

Well, it might be cluttered, unorganized, slow, and user-unfriendly but many of the links don't work as advertised either..so they always have that going for them.

H.(goes directly to Region sites)B.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:59 pm
Is that RacerX on page 68?
Dave Harriman
Next

Return to General Discussions