Update on Spec Fuel at the June Sprints

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 am
"Let's remember that for over 12 months now NO ONE has found a fuel that works. If you know more about hot fuel and its sources than Mike Davies...speak up...." Erik

I have to say I feel much better about this subject. This could be a win win situation for everyone. Now that this is out in front for everyone to see, there is a good chance that Erik won't have to spend all the resources he has allotted to this. In addition to that we can use local pump gas saving us some bucks. The Chicago region also wins by not having to deal further with the issue. Thanks Erik and Enterprise.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 am
It's only fair I add one more comment. That is - I have been wrong before, and others paid for it. So, if I learn something new in the time leading up to the Sprints I will post it. In the past, new formula's have been 1-2 months in the making, 12+ is a record...if someone spent enough money...it could potentially happen again. BUT, there is another class that pays attention to this and they are still searching and I think investing.

Philosophically, as several of our best drivers / teams told me in the past, if you take away the hot fuel in the biggest events and the Runoffs; they won't bother with it all year. If it can be used at some of the biggest races, then it is worth the time to learn and tune for it. That came true for the last few years, I think we will hold our ground still this year, but it is a slippery slope if someone finds a chink in the current rules armor.
Last edited by Erik Skirmants on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:31 pm
I have found this whole discussion to be very interesting and would like to contribute $100.00 towards the above mentioned discussion.

With regards to the June Sprints, in the event that Mike's nose is not working correctly due to allergies, summer colds, etc., I am willing to offer the services of my wonderful black lab (and hunting dog) Scout who can sniff out anything that if fur, feather, or in this case potentially foul. He works cheap and is very reliable.

Trey
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 pm
Great news folks...the very day I posted my last comments I got word that ERC had a new concoction! The claim was it was SCCA legal to the latest specs and it made big power in another spec engine! However, I paid the $250 for the super test…and it failed MYSERABLY…over 11% of banned substances! Not even just recently added items…some items had been on the banned list for a while! SO…we will test at the Sprints, using compliance funds…and still today, there is no known legal hot fuel!
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Previous

Return to General Discussions