TWS this weekend - first "Major"!

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:51 am
This weekend is the TWS double national/BFG Super Tour/Major weekend. That's a mouthful. I know the economy is still down, but I remember the halcyon days of 50 cars for this event (pre BFG Super Tour and Major status). In fact, I'm looking at a big picture of the start of one of those 40+ car races on my wall. Right now we are looking at 28. Granted, to my eye there are at least 10 cars that could win either/both days, but I was hoping we'd get into the mid-30's for this event.
Notables are the out-of-staters including Funk/Toombs, Strickler, and the MSR crowd. It'll be great to see all of you guys.
It also looks like Johnny Merriggi may be strapping his SRF back on as well, but most notable (to me) is the fact that one Mr Doug Azzarito will be back in the saddle this weekend. We're all very excited to see you back in the car, Doug!

Two days ago the weather forecast was amazing, now notsomuch, but we'll see.
It could be a great chance for those who want to spend the coin to test out the new rain tires.
I usually use the Thursday test day to shake off the winter rust (me and the car) but this year I can't make it, and I may miss some or all of our practice sessions as well (stupid work keeps getting in the way).

Hopefully some folks will post their experiences after the weekend.
I did see that the event will be up and running on Race Monitor for those so inclined.

Denny

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 am
Yeah, I'm waffling on how early I want to show up Thursday given the forecast and how much work I have to get done this week.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:56 pm
No doubt, great to see Doug return!
See everyone there on Friday - hopefully the water will be minimal.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
None
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 pm
Rain, rain, go away.....

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:42 pm
Unfortunately I can't make this one due to the fact I don't have a national license yet. I will be making my official Spec Racer debut at the May TWS race. Have fun this weekend and post videos!
-Scott

Return to General Discussions