Road Atlanta Double National Registration

All things specracer!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm
Some of you have already figured it out, but registration is now open for our March 16-18 Double National / Pro-IT / ECR / PDX weekend at Road Atlanta. Pertinent information about the weekend plus links to the registration system can be found at:

www.AtlantaSCCA.org

It's in the Supps (but I recognize that National drivers are prohibited from reading them :D ) that SRF will get split-grid qualifying for all sessions plus a split start for your races. Granted this is not as good as getting a stand-alone run group, but it's worked out well for us in the past.

We've also worked with Road Atlanta to develop a five run group, four session each schedule for the March 15 test day. Some of you will still find something to complain about, but it does reduce some of the congestion and potential speed differential we've experienced in the past. Test day info can be found at:

http://roadatlanta.com/ev_scca/2012-Mar ... hedule.pdf

Hope to see y'all at the track...

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 pm
I still don't understand why the production cars are mixed with SRFs when we have three times the number of SM entries and the production cars would be much better matched with them, certainly much safer.

This is the only National on the east coast where SRF is not alone as far as I know.

Any chance this can be changed?
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:51 pm
Bruce,

Last year this race had 10 SRF and 30ish SM.

I believe the ratio was the same the year before but fewer for each class. SRF has earned it's spot with production cars it would seem.
Joe Cooley
Circuit Motorsports
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 am
Personally, I prefer racing with Miatas to running with open wheel cars. I was rammed by an FA at Milwaukee last year. Not fun.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:00 pm
SRF car counts at our March National the past three years:
. 2009 - 14
. 2010 - 13
. 2011 - 10

And before you complain that the reduced count is because you don't have your own group, I didn't start doing that until the three-year average dropped below 15 in 2008. I'm not sure why the SRF guys avoid Road Atlanta, but it's tough to justify a run group of < 15 cars regardless of who it is (which is why we've put FC & S2 in with the wingless formula cars).

According to past reports, the split-grid qualifying and split start (in a 30 car group) is a decent compromise.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:25 pm
looks like you will have twenty or more this yr in srf

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 am
Now that the Tom Nehl National at Roebling Road has concluded (and reports indicate there was some GREAT racing from there last weekend), hopefully your thoughts have now turned to our Road Atlanta Double National the weekend of March 16-18. Early registration closes at noon on March 12, but SEDiv permanent numbers will be released after March 2.

Atlanta Region does not deposit funds until after the event and no-shows are automatically refunded, so if you're thinking about attending there's no reason to delay.

Information about the weekend and links to MSR can be found http://www.atlantascca.org/.

See y'all at the track...

Return to General Discussions