New York Safety Track

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
95, 950
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:56 pm
Elizabeth,

First off, thanks for doing a mostly thankless job.

porcupine wrote: It's the other way around. So if, for example, Summit Point, NJMP, and Watkins Glen offer only one June weekend to the WDCR, SJR, and GR, at it's the same weekend,
<deja vu?>

In that case two of the three tracks don't have a June event that year. I can understand WGI being inflexible because of the spectator events, but Summit and NJMP?

Now I'll take a probably take some flames but....Why do we need so many regions? If a region had multiple tracks to work with instead of one home track wouldn't that put them in a better position? Wouldn't it mean a larger pool of volunteers and home region drivers to draw from?

The world is about to change anyway, soon the expectation of a National at every/most tracks will be gone and that is going shake up the schedule. I suspect 3 nationals per division will be elevated to Major status and the rest will become restricted regionals, with the worst attended regionals/duplicates just dropped. That should reduce the schedule by 4 or 5 events per division right there.

ok, now I am going to duck and cover. Fire away.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm
I'm not going to flame you, because it's a good question, even if you meant it rhetorically. Why do we need so many regions?
Elizabeth Miller
fast cars, slow food
WDCR Asst. Race Chair, Competition

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 am
Looks like we might be racin' here in 2014.....

Kevin Treffeisen
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:17 pm
Lapping video looks like a fun, fun track.

Feff
Previous

Return to General Discussions