2015 Goodyear tire reviews

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 am
Erik: the new Goodyear tire sounds great. Can't wait to try it.

You weren't clear about trackside support. Did you say that it will be the same as Comp Tire? For instance, Comp Tire East supported us at all Majors and most all Regionals/Divisionals. Can we expect that will not change?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:34 pm
Mike actually went to have some mountain fun before I stole his setup. (If you consider spending time with Steve Kramer fun!!??). I will get that out next week.

I will ask what he thinks for a GEN2 also. Most testing was "bolt them on", especially on 1.9L cars. The improvement in lap time is documented and I have spoken to the team running the winningest SRF3 so far, and they felt the 8th cycle was where they needed to consider a fresh set...they started with the Davies set up.

Goodyear has a return they will look at, but confidence is high in production as process changed only in terms of materials used.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:36 pm
To Erik's question, I ran them at Sebring which was a first time track for me so I have no comparative frame of reference from the 2525's. That being said, I didn't make any baseline change. The result was a car that had far more tightness than I had previously seen. I believe a couple of others may have had a similar experience.
We'll race at TWS in a few weeks so I'll have a better feel then based on a) lots of laps there and b) a faster, more rhythmic track.
RacerX
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:10 pm
Thanks Denny!

So....TWS is a good track...hmmm...wonder where our first 30th Anniversary celebration will be on Memorial weekend...sure hope it is a fun place ;)
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:30 pm
Nooooooooooo!!! <terrible EpIII tortured Darth Vader voice>
I (and a couple of other notable - for different reasons :P - SRFers) won't be there that weekend.
Bummer, dude.
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:02 pm
Erik Skirmants wrote:Thanks Denny!

So....TWS is a good track...hmmm...wonder where our first 30th Anniversary celebration will be on Memorial weekend...sure hope it is a fun place ;)

James T. expresses my thoughts on this much better than I could:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBO-4xI1PLg
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:24 pm
Very nice video Ed. That is my reaction as well since I can't go in May....Family Reunion :cry: . I was hoping we would get 30th anniversary at COTA this year. With regards to the new tires, I ran them for the first time at MSR Cresson earlier this month. I felt that they were very greasy the first cycle out, so I wouldn't put stickers on for qualifying or race. I also used the same setup as previous tires. They got better and better and my best lap times were on the 4th cycle, which was my last for the weekend. I was very impressed with them and I can't wait to try them at TWS in 2 weeks. Going to be a blast with the fast turns on the new tires. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.
Joe Frederick
Texas Region
SRF#65 Chassis#294

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:07 pm
So what is the answer on track side service in the east?

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:03 am
I have the same question, so I did some research and from I have heard so far "they are working on it"....apparently Majors are covered. Its the divisional and regionals that are unknown right now. Seems like an interesting move on GY's part in a year when a new tire supplier is being chosen.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:23 pm
Trackside support is a BIG deal for many of us that don't run many or any of the majors. Comp Tire was always at Watkins Glen and other tracks I frequent at any regional level. To not have their trackside support will cost me conservatively $90 for mounting, balancing and disposal, whatever shipping costs for the GY's and the hassle of running them around to get all this done. If we have an issue at the track, then what? I hope that this new group will do the same service trackside for the majority of our races.
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions