Post links to your race videos here!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:08 am
Video is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kv2JDJRt3Y

Some interesting notes. I counted 40 lead changes from my video. Yes, that includes short-lived nose-to-nose momentary leads but that's part of a good race. There were several points where three different cars led the race over a few seconds and remarkably one spot where 4 different cars led in about 12 seconds. I truly don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
Patience was not much of a virtue after the Saturday carnage leading to an extended yellow. As such, we all took our passing chances (at least on the straights) in case of a lengthy caution period that might end the race. Brian unfortunately retired after his major off in the esses (I think several of us soiled our suits in that one :) ) as he had come from I think 12th on the grid to be in the mix as we knew he would.
I've already spoiled the ending here on this site so I'll comment on the end of the race. I had the last lap laid out like I wanted and it played out just the way I had envisioned until the contact. In impound the driver who hit me came over and I said "just give me a minute" as I wanted to settle my blood pressure before discussing the incident. Due to circumstances we never really got to discuss it at length after that and I wish we had because I never like to leave hard feelings at the track. After seeing the video, unfortunately I was even more upset as it's evident that I was completely clear of him going into the braking zone, I braked at the normal spot (if not a touch later), and I gave plenty of room in the left hand bend just in case he was still there (he wasn't until he dove in and locked up the tires). As he locked up, he made hard contact with my car (watch my left foot get slammed up the clutch and caught under the pedal bar) and put me into the grass and out of contention. It was a very disappointing way to end a spectacular race.

Having raced a fair amount in my career, it's not hyperbole for me to say that this was the best race I've ever been involved in. I radioed in a couple of times (it's still novel to me to have a radio! :) ) something like "jeez boys, this is an insane race!" while we were going at it hammer and tong.
I did cut out one lap where I chose not to draft by Tray on the back straight and therefore there were no passes. See if you can find the cut. ;)

Kudos to Mike D again for giving us such great cars to do this with.

I have another video that I'll post at some point that borders on the edge of believability... but the video will show it to be true. Here's the teaser: I put a GoPro4 in the engine bay to watch my rear shocks because hey, I've never done anything like that before. The mount failed.
I have video to post. ;)

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:18 pm
Excellent drive Denny (as usual) even though the outcome didn't play out as expected. I suspect it would have been a photo finish based on the previous laps. Thanks for posting and sharing this video with all of us as it shows how evenly matched the Gen3's are. A chess game being played out at speed for sure.

Jim Regan
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 pm
Great video Denny. That was an exciting race. I'm sorry to see it ending that way.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:22 pm
This video should be watched twice, once for the great on track action and second for the footwork. Awesome video, thanks for posting.

Return to Video Links