Daytona Runoffs race video from 2nd (99% of the time)

Post links to your race videos here!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:48 pm
Race recap in another thread.
Here's the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kQKZBvOFAk

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:45 pm
Great job Denny!

The power differential was so clear in the video... Dorsey commented on it multiple times as well. I think you'll find the power gaps smaller once you join us in Gen3

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:10 pm
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that is was more power. It could have just been a set-up with a fraction less rolling resistance. It appeared that Denny had marginally better handling on the infield which could mean more rolling resistance. At 140mph less rolling resistance requires less horsepower. But then again there is some some wiggle room for dyno tuning and Cliff may have found it!
I should be so lucky to be able to keep up to either one of them on their worst day.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:26 pm
Bill makes a very good point. Rolling and air resistance always make a difference, but never as much as they do at Daytona. We spent a lot of time on that. My wheels rolled better than I've ever had them roll after each session (new pads/rotors sure do help :) ) and my body fit together perfectly (thanks Tony!). I even moved my GoPros down under the rollbar to get them out of the wind.
We did everything we could to optimize top speed and Mike Davies even commented in impound that my tranny was very loose (yay!).
Overall, we got everything we could get out of my car I believe. The biggest tell-tale of power differential (quite possibly curve rather than raw max numbers) was how the PPE (Purple People Eater) would jump away from me off the corners and then it would take a long time for me to catch it even with draft assistance.

It was what it was, and I'm not complaining. Again, Bill's point is salient in that there are lots of dynamic variable and we spent a lot of time and effort trying to solve for all them. All in all, Cliff did it better. Full stop.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:01 pm
Anyone that has run Daytona knows it is a different monster. Been to many tracks where a draft helps but most them are not dependent as Daytona. I never heard so many drivers tell me there down on power. Even If you have a dance partner and pull out or just miss the throttle a little coming out of 6 or bus stop how it seems the car in front pulls you. Yeah you can catch them in the draft but it makes the driver feel under power. We all know that cliff had a good motor but he done his home work just like Denny did. This is why they pulled away from the field. These guys are good,really good at what they do. If there was more drag on Dennys car then Cliff's and that was the difference, WOW I missed the boat. So now we can all say Denny can take a boat to the races and have a chance to win. Great job Denny!

Return to Video Links