2015 Spec Racer FORD Gen3

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 pm
http://goracingtv.com/01/11/2013/2015-s ... neak-peak/

Enjoy Mike's pride and joy!

Since I know our community:
1. The Godfatha is BOD Chairman Chris Funk
2. Chris' audio was terrible due to wind and microphone location...thus music was overlayed
3. It's 2015, not sooner...there is a tremedous amount of time to give details, now is not yet the time; we will enjoy sharing and truly feel this is a giant improvement and step forward
4. The final tailpipe location will be above "bump level" and accomodate current tow bars used for set up.
5. The other driver knows he is just a crash test dummy since it has been 6 years since he took a green flag!
6. There are going to be 13 R&D kits distributed to 10 CSR's and 3 independant teams who offered to be involved early in the program. These cars, built mid-2013, will be shown and run "at a track near you"
7. This car will be ON TRACK at the COTA race for you to watch (blow your center section off).
8. We have to move forward and really like the Ford Duratec 1.6L engine....so consider it final if that is comforting. However, no ink has dried on any Agreements. We thank the companies who offered other impressive options!
Last edited by Erik Skirmants on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 pm
Also...it's called the Spec Racer Gen3...officially! The class designation is TBD, it will NOT be SR3 as we do not want to get confused with the new Sports Racer classes...we are a Spec Racer (r). There will be two classes like the SR / SRF days (for those playing catch up on the plans) from 2015 through 2017.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 pm
Wow, sounds great! (both the posts and the vid :) ).
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 pm
I almost shed a tear when one of the "youths" at the track day we went to came up to me and asked "what is that awesome engine in that cool deal?" When I said Ford he took a step back, when I told him the lap times and that we had one of the cheapest cars in the very full paddock he got really interested.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:07 pm
Erik Skirmants wrote:I almost shed a tear when one of the "youths" at the track day we went to came up to me and asked "what is that awesome engine in that cool deal?" When I said Ford he took a step back, when I told him the lap times and that we had one of the cheapest cars in the very full paddock he got really interested.

I thought it sounded really good coming off the line, a big improvement over now.
Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 pm
Erik, the noise it makes will reduce my retirement savings! No more tractor motor...although it has served us well.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:46 pm
So much & so exciting...and so many details to be handled intelligently. I can tell you this, new car kit prices will go up at least $5000, demand WILL go up, as attractiveness of product WILL go up. I am confident that the resale of a used car with the Gen3 kit installed will take a large jump in value. So hopefully that dip into the retirement account (that you are no where near needing anyway) will reward you with much "giggle factor" (Mike D has a way with words) and then higher resale value...and the car really will be viable WAAAAY out there when you retire. Without Gen3 that would surely not be the case.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:55 pm
Ok. I was squarely in the "not a hater of the current engine sound" camp. After watching this video, I have struck my tent and moved across the way to the "wtf?!? this thing sounds terrible!" site and am cooking s'mores as I type this.

I love it. So many questions, none of which can be answered right now (nor should they be).
If it's in my budget, I'll be in a Gen3 for the first race in 2015.

Great stuff, guys!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:56 pm
Very nice. Has Mike figured out a muffler system for the new motor that will meet the Laguna Seca sound limit of 90 Db?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm
I really like the +$5000 price point. I think it is just high enough to help keep existing used car price stable. But cheap enough to make a new car a much better value than before.

Dave
Dave Harriman
Next

Return to Spec Racer Gen3